Local Runners (Changing life style)

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by londonRNFAA, Feb 5, 2016.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello folks

30 Male SW London Wimbledon

I have at the moment an application deferred, just while I drop some weight.
    I live in wimbledon SW London and currently finding it difficult to change my life style i am an active person where work is concerned but with going for a run i have never really done it, is there anyone around that currently goes running or are there any tips anyone can share.

2. One foot in front of the other. It really is that simple.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Purple_twiglet

Purple_twiglet War Hero Moderator

Try Clapham Chasers - there are also a lot of running clubs in the Wimbledon area. Google is your friend!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Just run, and keep on running. You will get better at it with practice, like anything...

• Like Like x 1
  5. Thank you for the responses will have a search around.

6. Trainer

Trainer War Hero Book Reviewer

Give up all booze for the meantime. It will drop off you.

• Like Like x 1
  7. I have a perfect 2.4 km run local to me, almost outside my door. will be doing early morning runs, early to bed nights, booze i dont have a problem with is other bad habbits that have given problems. i have deleted half my phonebook, and am testing myself every friday to keep in mind i need to be clean. I am litrally on my own with this venture, i will be popping on here more often for some scrutiny and advice and to chat with like minded people.

Thank you for the blunt responses above, they have helped.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Thank you have registered. Cheers

9. I don't mean to be condescending here but I feel you may be overthinking things. You do have a 2.4k run right outside your door. You don't have to do anything fancy just run 2.4k in fact if you want to get better at running my advice is to scrap the 2.4k run idea and just try and work up to 5k.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Join BritMilFit. It's all current and ex military PTIs so the phyz you do will be relevant to what you'll do when you join up. It's fun, you'll make lots of friends and it happens in parks all over London.

They may even give you a discount if you tell them you're waiting on a start date for the mob.

It's also absolutely toppers with middle class fanny.

• Like Like x 1