local brew----

mixyblob

Lantern Swinger
"The one and only" Newcastle Brown Ale
Ale of the Gods and catalyst to many a great British night out of a pint and a fight.

Used to be Vaux Breweries in Sunderland - sadly no more. =(

However, in Gosport the local brew seems to be whatever the Burberry baseball cap crowd can throw down their necks in the shortest possible time, eg Carlsberg Special, WKD, WD40, Brasso . . .

TattooDog said:

However, in Gosport the local brew seems to be whatever the Burberry baseball cap crowd can throw down their necks in the shortest possible time, eg Carlsberg Special, WKD, WD40, Brasso . . .

couldnt agree more babe!!!!!!!

brazenhussy said:
TattooDog said:

ur- but not me!!!!!!!!!!

whitemouse said:
Shepherd & Neames in Kent, or Youngs now in London.

:)
Used to be Courage all the way for me before I joined up.
Directors from the cask was very special, never liked it out of a tin though and it didn't travel well either.

brazenhussy said:

ur- but not me!!!!!!!!!!
Of course! ^~

ex_wasp_L2

Lantern Swinger
it used to be Develish (sorry Devinish) in weymouth then Eldridge Pope from Dorchester but the only one left now is Hall and Woodhouse (Badger Beer) in Blandford

TattooDog said:

Vaux may have gone but Federation breweries still make many fine ales. :thumright:

Mathew Browns used to be out local brewery, but they got swallowed up by S&N, brewery sadly closed now. Worked there for one glorious summer, was like a pig in sh*t

jambosun

Lantern Swinger
AfterSSE said:
Only the best...

http://www.keiths.ca/ :thumright:
Good Man! As Alexander Keith are my first 2 names my folks have made a point of getting me Brewery T Shirts every time they're in Canada. Fair decent tipple as well but I don't think you could beat Castletown Pale Ale from the Isle of Man - sadly no longer with us :crying:

Cloggie

Lantern Swinger
Grolsch brewery was just 4 miles down the road for me in the town of Groenlo,NL
They moved the factory about 3 years ago some 15 miles further.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Shakey Diamond Lil's 17
creeper The Quarterdeck 29
chockhead819 Diamond Lil's 2