....Local Acting PO

Re: Local Acting PO

chrisjames01 said:
I am a local acting PO and have been told by a few diffrent people that if you are acting for a period of time then you can keep your rate without being selected. Does anyone know anything about this if so were are the regs.
Utter bollocks - they may be confused with AHR pension entitlement - talk to your Career Manager.

Have you tried the UPO. AFAIK local acting is precisely that. You get the rate for job your in due to no suitable reliefs. when you go on draft or a qualified PO comes in, you lose the rate..simples.

The clue is in the title LOCAL acting PO

chrisjames01 said:
I am a local acting PO and have been told by a few diffrent people that if you are acting for a period of time then you can keep your rate without being selected. Does anyone know anything about this if so were are the regs.
Is this a wind up. You have been in the navy for 10 years and must have come across someone in a local acting rate. Have you ever heard of anyone keeping it when the requirement was no longer there. Local acting is just that. You happen to be in the right place at the right time to fill a gapped billet (for whatever reason). Your career manager will see you as a killick regardless of what position you hold in a local acting rate. If in doubt join the NAAFI queue and ask.

You don't have to be qualified "professionally" for local acting. Why would you then have the right to retain it over someone who is, just because you did the job for a while.

v8topcat said:
Career manager? WTF is that? Could someone enlighten an old man please.
Modern speak for your branch drafty basically

edited to add Drakey got there before me whilst I was typing

Having read your other post, how the fark did you get selected for local acting in the first bloody place? Got to be one of the most stupid questions raised on here and even the newbies don't lower themselves to that level.

The mind boggles.

Re: .

witsend said:
When you have been quoted mate, the edit does not matter and draws attention. I've noticed over the last few years that local acting rates have become rarer. In order to be rated these days, be selected, professional course & command course and the old chestnut in date for the RNFT. A bunch of hoops for you to aim for. Good luck.
Unless, of course, you are a blue-badge acting WO 8O

But thats a wholly different ballpark...... :wink:

Re: .

witsend said:
BreathingOutOnTheWayUp said:
witsend said:
When you have been quoted mate, the edit does not matter and draws attention. I've noticed over the last few years that local acting rates have become rarer. In order to be rated these days, be selected, professional course & command course and the old chestnut in date for the RNFT. A bunch of hoops for you to aim for. Good luck.
Unless, of course, you are a blue-badge acting WO 8O

But thats a wholly different ballpark...... :wink:
I'm sure a blue badge has a few hoops to jump past. If they are local acting, why deny her confirmed rate? :D
Especially if you are so fcuking stupid and inept as to fail to keep an account of why the fcuk you came to the conclusions you did (you stupid stupid useless bunch of cnuts that are the promotions board that denied her).

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Shakey Diamond Lil's 17
creeper The Quarterdeck 29
chockhead819 Diamond Lil's 2