....Local Acting PO

Discussion in 'The Gash Barge' started by chrisjames01, Dec 15, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Re: Local Acting PO

Utter bollocks - they may be confused with AHR pension entitlement - talk to your Career Manager.

2. Re: Local Acting PO

Have you tried the UPO. AFAIK local acting is precisely that. You get the rate for job your in due to no suitable reliefs. when you go on draft or a qualified PO comes in, you lose the rate..simples.

The clue is in the title LOCAL acting PO

3. Re: Local Acting PO

Is this a wind up. You have been in the navy for 10 years and must have come across someone in a local acting rate. Have you ever heard of anyone keeping it when the requirement was no longer there. Local acting is just that. You happen to be in the right place at the right time to fill a gapped billet (for whatever reason). Your career manager will see you as a killick regardless of what position you hold in a local acting rate. If in doubt join the NAAFI queue and ask.

You don't have to be qualified "professionally" for local acting. Why would you then have the right to retain it over someone who is, just because you did the job for a while.

4. Re: Local Acting PO

Career manager? WTF is that? Could someone enlighten an old man please.

5. Re: Local Acting PO

Drafty

6. Re: Local Acting PO

Modern speak for your branch drafty basically

edited to add Drakey got there before me whilst I was typing

7. Re: Local Acting PO

[​IMG]

8. Re: Local Acting PO

Having read your other post, how the fark did you get selected for local acting in the first bloody place? Got to be one of the most stupid questions raised on here and even the newbies don't lower themselves to that level.

The mind boggles.

9. Re: .

Unless, of course, you are a blue-badge acting WO 8O

But thats a wholly different ballpark...... :wink:

10. Exactly Wits - Then why deny chrisjames01 too? :wink:

Oh dear - he's gone and scrubbed his original post 8O : In that case the very best of .. to him.

11. Re: .

Especially if you are so fcuking stupid and inept as to fail to keep an account of why the fcuk you came to the conclusions you did (you stupid stupid useless bunch of cnuts that are the promotions board that denied her).

12. Re: Local Acting PO

I was wondering that myself. Oh boy must things have changed rather more than somewhat!

13. CJ01 has thrown his teddy out of the pram by editing his post. Good job I quoted it so everyone can see it. :lol:

14. Re: Local Acting PO

Aaah Yodaspeak :wink:

15. Re: Local Acting PO

Forgive him for he is old.(older than Yoda so I've heard :wink: )

16. Blackrat

Blackrat War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Re: Local Acting PO

[​IMG]

17. Even back in the 70's the buzz was that if you had been local acting for two years you became acting...

Any admiralty made rates around these days?