Liverpool Confidential: They Want You, They Want You, They Want You As A New Recruit

Discussion in 'Royal Naval Reserve (RNR)' started by soleil, Aug 30, 2013.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Why do the RNR always use that absolutely bonk phot of a rats bird in 1s, a fat PO and someone's nan in desert rig?
    • Like Like x 4
  2. Is the OD lady sailor on the left wearing her cap or trying to balance it on her nose?
    The OD lady sailor on the right seems a bit aged, did they get her from the Royal Sailors Rest?
  3. Are pigtails back
  4. They are King Alfred personnel
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Mystery solved.
  6. well King Alfred can keep them:laughing7:
  7. Where are the RNR's most photogenic personnel to be found, then?
  8. I would try Blackrats celler:laughing7:
  9. 'HAVING just swerved one war for the moment, military recruitment drives are never far away.'

Haha! I was gonna join the reserves first of all and at the RT test there were a few gentlemen who can be considered 'worth a go', they should be hunted down and photographed- female recruitment would be up ten fold.
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

I feel demeaned.
  11. Rachel

You might enjoy this thread, especially the photo on page 2:
  12. I have to say if I was gay or female, I'd do me.
  13. I do do me. Often.
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Apologies ninja, i don't really objectify men- that would be a disgrace. I am just appreciative of their physical aesthetics and admire their musk. Thanks soleil, i got a marines calendar for a secret santa, and a bra that stores wine so i think they are suggesting i am a wine guzzling pervert- ah well :D

On an actual serious note as apose to the previous post where i said i was being serious, do the reserve units have trouble recruiting? When i was in pompey there were often stands advertising joining and i imagine perhaps this is the case elsewhere, and it seems appealing. Is it where people just dont fancy it or are maybe unaware it exists?
  15. Well, there's me, but I'm so staggeringly handsome that cameras malfunction when they try to capture my manly charms so I'm not allowed to do any PR events.

(That's my story and I'm sticking to it...)
    • Like Like x 1
  16. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Yeah, but when people tell you to "Go f*ck yourself", it's usually meant as a figure of speech... :oops:
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Enormous trouble. For every hundred people who put their name and address on the contact form at a recruiting stand, expect maybe one or two to complete Raleigh.
  18. I wonder how many of those potentials are put off by the ridiculously lengthy and complicated recruitment process?