Little Lie Down

Discussion in 'The Quarterdeck' started by yamyamdabber, Nov 23, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ive been given 2 hours for lunch today, the great course that im on! :lol:

So call it what you want im going to have a power hour, LLD, rack attack, getting on it, getting in it, tits down tits out etc

What a great job that allows you just have a rest in the middle of the day! Imagine trying to do this is civvie street. All the newbies out there this is why you should stick out your waiting lists!

On the downside im sure fellow Rum Rationers have done the same as me before a slept in because some jack oppo didnt shake you.

Any thoughts or stupid stories on all of this :)

2. You can't beat a "Day-mans hour" Trying to install the virtue of one to my 7 year old!!, only she calls it a "Danish"

And the old saying a hour inside (under quilt) is worth two on top!!!

Lucky git, I get 30 mins!!!

3. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

So you've been given a two-hour lunch, yet you're only having a power hour (indicating singular)?

Bumder... get in it! :shock: :lol:

4. Decided (wrongly) SPB to go to scran as well so it whittled the time down slightly to give or take an hour with the walking there and back bit.

Would also help if one mess oppo wasnt snoring and the other not playing Call of Duty full volume to :evil:

5. That's why steaming bats are designed as free flight projectiles.

6. Sorry to disappoint you but we do it in civvy street too. One of my lads even gets his air bed out at lunchtime and catches a power hour on the factory floor.

I once got my head down for a power hour and slept in until evening scran, the next day my Chief just said he'd assumed I'd gone ashore to Nelson for a medical appointment or some personal admin. I loved that Chief, and he loved me too.

Oh how I miss him. Me, him and the killick gunner used to lock ourselves in the 4.5 gunbay and sleep all day.

Another top napping area on a 42, is under the deck plates below the gunner's store. They put nice unopened packets of clothing down there and you can make a nest. Beware though, you can't hear pipes, best to get the QM to peg you out.

7. They are getting me back for waking them up with the Muslim "call to prayer" thing as one of them in particular hates it!! :lol: :lol:

8. In my job we work 12 hour shifts and I usually go to sleep if on nights for my 2hr lunch as there is not a lot else to do at 3o clock in the morning. We only do work on nightshift if something goes wrong so most of my shift is spent watching BBC iplayer or posting crap on here.

9. Oh yes, one of my favorites. I also recommend the half deck, among the rag bales.

And, if you're feeling extra necky, the back of the cab.

Winner, I once got 9 hours in the back of 335.

10. What the f**k is sleep? I've tried to nod here, suspended between two swivel chairs....and I usually end up on my arse on the carpet. So this shift its a Ten Disk DVD Box Set of *Battlestar Gallactica* which isn't my idea of fun - so I think I'll sod off into the other hutch and fondle my genitals until half six when my relief gets in.

Night-night.

X X X