Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Little Lie Down

yamyamdabber

War Hero
Ive been given 2 hours for lunch today, the great course that im on! :lol:

So call it what you want im going to have a power hour, LLD, rack attack, getting on it, getting in it, tits down tits out etc

What a great job that allows you just have a rest in the middle of the day! Imagine trying to do this is civvie street. All the newbies out there this is why you should stick out your waiting lists!

On the downside im sure fellow Rum Rationers have done the same as me before a slept in because some jack oppo didnt shake you.

Any thoughts or stupid stories on all of this :)
 
You can't beat a "Day-mans hour" Trying to install the virtue of one to my 7 year old!!, only she calls it a "Danish"

And the old saying a hour inside (under quilt) is worth two on top!!!


Lucky git, I get 30 mins!!!
 

sgtpepperband

War Hero
Book Reviewer
So you've been given a two-hour lunch, yet you're only having a power hour (indicating singular)?

Bumder... get in it! :shock: :lol:
 

yamyamdabber

War Hero
sgtpepperband said:
So you've been given a two-hour lunch, yet you're only having a power hour (indicating singular)?

Bumder... get in it! :shock: :lol:

Decided (wrongly) SPB to go to scran as well so it whittled the time down slightly to give or take an hour with the walking there and back bit.

Would also help if one mess oppo wasnt snoring and the other not playing Call of Duty full volume to :evil:
 

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
yamyamdabber said:
sgtpepperband said:
So you've been given a two-hour lunch, yet you're only having a power hour (indicating singular)?

Bumder... get in it! :shock: :lol:

Decided (wrongly) SPB to go to scran as well so it whittled the time down slightly to give or take an hour with the walking there and back bit.

Would also help if one mess oppo wasnt snoring and the other not playing Call of Duty full volume to :evil:

That's why steaming bats are designed as free flight projectiles.
 

2_deck_dash

War Hero
yamyamdabber said:
Ive been given 2 hours for lunch today, the great course that im on! :lol:

So call it what you want im going to have a power hour, LLD, rack attack, getting on it, getting in it, tits down tits out etc

What a great job that allows you just have a rest in the middle of the day! Imagine trying to do this is civvie street. All the newbies out there this is why you should stick out your waiting lists!

On the downside im sure fellow Rum Rationers have done the same as me before a slept in because some jack oppo didnt shake you.

Any thoughts or stupid stories on all of this :)

Sorry to disappoint you but we do it in civvy street too. One of my lads even gets his air bed out at lunchtime and catches a power hour on the factory floor.

I once got my head down for a power hour and slept in until evening scran, the next day my Chief just said he'd assumed I'd gone ashore to Nelson for a medical appointment or some personal admin. I loved that Chief, and he loved me too.

Oh how I miss him. Me, him and the killick gunner used to lock ourselves in the 4.5 gunbay and sleep all day.

Another top napping area on a 42, is under the deck plates below the gunner's store. They put nice unopened packets of clothing down there and you can make a nest. Beware though, you can't hear pipes, best to get the QM to peg you out.
 

yamyamdabber

War Hero
WreckerL said:
yamyamdabber said:
sgtpepperband said:
So you've been given a two-hour lunch, yet you're only having a power hour (indicating singular)?

Bumder... get in it! :shock: :lol:

Decided (wrongly) SPB to go to scran as well so it whittled the time down slightly to give or take an hour with the walking there and back bit.

Would also help if one mess oppo wasnt snoring and the other not playing Call of Duty full volume to :evil:

That's why steaming bats are designed as free flight projectiles.

They are getting me back for waking them up with the Muslim "call to prayer" thing as one of them in particular hates it!! :lol: :lol:
 

Merlin28

War Hero
In my job we work 12 hour shifts and I usually go to sleep if on nights for my 2hr lunch as there is not a lot else to do at 3o clock in the morning. We only do work on nightshift if something goes wrong so most of my shift is spent watching BBC iplayer or posting crap on here.
 
G

guestm

Guest
2_deck_dash said:
Another top napping area on a 42, is under the deck plates below the gunner's store.

Oh yes, one of my favorites. I also recommend the half deck, among the rag bales.

And, if you're feeling extra necky, the back of the cab.

Winner, I once got 9 hours in the back of 335.
 

BillyNoMates

War Hero
What the f**k is sleep? I've tried to nod here, suspended between two swivel chairs....and I usually end up on my arse on the carpet. So this shift its a Ten Disk DVD Box Set of *Battlestar Gallactica* which isn't my idea of fun - so I think I'll sod off into the other hutch and fondle my genitals until half six when my relief gets in.

Night-night.

X X X
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
higthepig A little tune for you............ Diamond Lil's 14
MoD_RSS Milton Keynes founder of 'Cheerful Little Letter' project wins PM award MoD News 0
dapperdunn Little Miss Sumo Diamond Lil's 57
MoD_RSS Launch of #BritsInColombia - A little local knowledge goes a long way MoD News 0
BillyNoMates The Little Ships. The Book Club 10
Joint_Force_Harrier Lifes Little Wins :) Diamond Lil's 0
C A little bit of lesser known history Bases / Shore Est 4
vauxhall Just a little pensions question Finance & Pensions 0
vauxhall A little financial security for life Finance & Pensions 0
S A little help Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
PotentialCT Need a little help organising my exit strategy. Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
mintymurray every little helps Charity 3
D Good afternoon, I'm after a little help. The Corps 6
E New to RFA needing a little advice and help RFA 19
B Need a little help and actual advice please! UPO 1
taffscrivs Little red riding hood Miscellaneous 0
clanky 7 little Dockyard children Diamond Lil's 9
1 A little help regarding FATs & AIB? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 10
J A little help and advice would be beneficial. Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 11
stan_the_man A little help for old Stan The Quarterdeck 4
T Newbie needing a little help, please! Nearest & Dearest 2
FunkyJunky Little PR for RN Current Affairs 1
trelawney126 Little Acorns Current Affairs 0
SONAR-BENDER Poor little kid - scarred for life! Diamond Lil's 36
S Addicted! Just a little random comment Diamond Lil's 6
xchiefcook A little bit of help please Nearest & Dearest 2
soleil Yeovil Express: "Royal Navy Pride For X Factor Winners Little Mix" The Fleet Air Arm 0
BreathingOutOnTheWayUp A cracking little Booklet for the younger Newbies History 0
sgtpepperband A little good news story... The Internet - Best and Worst 4
chieftiff A little inspiration for all you oldies! Health & Fitness 4
P A little health advice Submariners 10
L A little confused Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
T Just a little question. Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
soleil Guardian: "Mothballing Ships Makes Little Sense. We Need These Armed Forces" The Fleet 1
Q A few little Questions Diamond Lil's 27
janner Little Johnny Miscellaneous 1
C A little confused Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 9
S Little info if possible! Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 9
FinnishMarine1/03 A little help checking a bloke. The Corps 43
P Little Jonny Blue Jokes 1
The_Caretaker Little Black Baby Miscellaneous 0
The_Caretaker Little Red Riding Hood Blue Jokes 0
The_Caretaker Little Red Riding Hood Blue Jokes 0
A A Little Military Humour Miscellaneous 0
The_Black_Pig Little Jonny Blue Jokes 0
B Joined a gym getting a personal plan, little help please Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 25
R A Little Payback For The Troops Current Affairs 3
soleil Navy News: A Little Bit Of "Heart And Soul" From Gloucester The Fleet 0
Drakey This little piggy..... The Quarterdeck 20
w.anchor Little William Diamond Lil's 39
Similar threads


















































Latest Threads

Top