Litter from cars

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by ex_Yeo, Apr 12, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I hope that this will cover butt breaths who throw their fag ends out of cars too: BBC News

2. I'm far from being a treehugging left winged hippie,but there is a fair point in that.
    When i look at the verge down the road to my nearest McDee's and the litter people throw out of their cars, it raises my neckhairs.
    Why can't people save the junk to throw it in their wheeliebin at home?
    People get jailed for less.
  3. About time but this will be yet another law not complied with, remember the mobile phone law? Doesn't seem to have made any impact on offenders.
  4. This one did!

5. I agree, these gits want stringing up. My old man was a pongo, and always taught us never to drop litter, always keep it until you see a bin. We'd have got a leathering if he caught us dropping litter. It was all over the tele too, keep Britain tidy etc.. Military training also obviously teaches you 'leave no trace'.

When I see all the litter along the road sides in this country it makes me want to work these folk over with a cricket bat.

Compare that to parts of France, where you hardly see any litter and it makes for a sad state of affairs.
  6. Yet more useless legislation intended to make criminals of the entire population.
    Anyone seeking an explanation for this ridiculous piece of proposed legislation should read my signature carefully.
    It is utter twaddle in a country with more ccctv/speeding (cctv = crushing communities through video surveillance)cameras than all the countries in the EU put together.
    What a bunch of spineless controlled morons it makes of the entire country, my wonder is why the people actually permit this kind of interference in their lives.
  7. Well I welcome any so called interference from camera's or any other means which will help stop morons acting in an anti social way.
  8. Is that morons excepting or including you...?
    Why are so many people willing to throw themselves into such a controlled environment, when there is actually, for most people, very little threat; don't you think that is just a little bit dangerous?
  9. Proud to be British! All you have to do is travel the highways, especially motorways to see the disgusting amount of litter cluttering the hedgerows, that's how proud these filthy morons are of our country.
  10. Dose this mean that you can no longer throw a hand full of gravel out of the sun roof if someone is tail gating you.
  11. Can't get an airline terminal built but can spy on anyone dropping a fag end out of a car - a fine state for a state to be in!
    I'd agree wholeheartedly with people being fined for throwing litter away but it is the spying and remote angle of the thing that leaves me completely cold.
    It is a very sad way for a country to be 'progressing' - 'Oh look that child in front has thrown a teddy out of the car', well the camera won't be able to tell any difference. Trust me folks if this outrage goes ahead it will be a matter of time before something like this hits the headlines in the Daily Wail!
    Once again Mr and Mrs Average forced to shit on their nearest and dearest for some minor and paltry so called offence, the entire country should be damn right ashamed of themselve.!
    Petty and vicious is what I call it..
  12. Don't understand what all the fuss is about as it's the old story, if you don't do it you have nothing to worry about, I am all for surveillance the more the better as it gives the authorities a better chance of catching the chavi scum who these days seem to be as common as litter thrown from cars.
  13. I agree those who drop litter should be fined, what I do not agree with is the amount of money that will spent to enable them to be fined, when the money could be spent catching and convicting real criminals.
  14. here we turn out prisoners to pick up crap from the road sides, no chain gang as that would take too much effort but its the best and cheapest way to keep the road ways litter free
  15. we just seem to let the out early here cornish.

But that is actually a good idea, the Gubberment want to release prisoners early, well why not get them to earn it, xx amount off the sentance for every week spent collecting litter
  16. Ok So the premise is this …Fags are made from the tobacco leaf, it is rolled into a tube surrounded by paper, which is 1 thou (in old money) thick.

Trees have leafs paper is made from wood.

Therefore very owner of a tree could be fined for the tree shedding it leafs every autumn. Just as long as the Government can register the owners of all the tree’s.

But if the tree owners are responsible the tree owners would cut down the trees, thn the tree huggers would be really pissed off, as trees have rights.

So it is ok for trees to throw away their leafs, but as a human you can not, but you can if you don’t own a car because if you don’t have a car you have human rights to be able to be invisible. But if you are a car owner you can be traced, using the car number data base.

I totally agree that you should not litter, and should act responsibly, but FFS lets get thing in proportion. Get caught pay the fine, or better still 14 hours sweeping the roads in a yellow suit.

What about Chewing gum, should be banned of the face of the planet but the only government with the BALLS to ban it was Singapore. What about the Crap bumped from Mac Donald’s Restaurants, What about the chicken bones from KFC. Fvck me that’s right they don’t have number plates on the back of the pr!cks who dump it. So fine the pricks who gave it to the scrote who dumped it in the street instead of the dustbins.

17. If you are caught just send in the the PACE letter that is getting thousands off speeding tickets.
    Another daft idea doomed to failure is this proposed legislation.
    Basic education should be what is stopping people throwing litter out of cars, not spy cameras.
  18. I agree. It would be nice to have a cleaner country but with the limited resources available I would rather see the cash being spent on ways of preventing some Juvi stabbing one of our kids at school or some such (and I don't mean dishing out bloody iPoDs for those who resist doing any GBH for more than a week).

19. Sorry Sussex but I take my litter home not dump it out of the car. I used to ride a motorcycle and have lost count of the cigarette buts that have hit me after being disregarded by the cnt in the car in front.