Listening to Brown's conference speech

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by chris78290, Sep 29, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Listening to his conference speech and quite frankly I feel insulted and a little bit sick, not to mention furiously angry.

Firstly, I am fed up of being told "what people want" "what people think" "what people feel" - give us a bloody election and you'll soon find out just what we think of you!

Second, in this speech which has lasted nearly an hour and is not yet over, he has spent more time praising his own ministers one by one than talking about our armed forces at a time of war - the only line he said was that they always get the equipment they need - this is insulting, wrong and shows the real priorities of the Labour party. Look after each other in the true fashion of ex trade union bullyboys and sod the boys and girls on the front line without the proper kit and the long term security of this country which is being sold down the drain for cheap political points.

Most of the rest of what he has said blended into one, he wants to make glorified hotels for single mothers, and spent valuable tax payers money on happy clappy teams to work with families who dont have the common decency to behave themselves! He wants to offer free childcare to every parent with a two year old - why the hell should my taxes pay for that, why the hell should we offer the normal obligations of hard working parents on a plate to those who can't be bothered to ensure they have the capability to care for children before starting a family.

I am fed up with this government recovering from their failed policies and spending by grabbing more and more of peoples hard earned money, it is time they rewarded success and hard work and stopped punishing people and offering constant hand outs to the idle layabouts, immigrants and criminals!

This government is out of touch, criminally incompetent and dangerously reckless with our security and our position in the world. They should go and go now!

2. Can’t say I disagree with anything you’ve said. I’m sure someone will be along to offer up a different opinion soon though

3. Not me.

4. Dozed off after the first 2 minutes.....

5. The Prime Minister announced that if Labour is re-elected, it will hold a referendum on electoral reform.

That will be the same as the referendum on Europe that they promised and have and will never give us then GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

6. Or the promise that there would be no closures of Post Offices without a specific mandate at the next general election :roll:

Or the promise that the poorest would not be hit the hardest..... remember the 10% tax debacle

7. Guns

Guns War Hero Moderator

I like the tag of "Gulags for Slags" that is being used in the blogsphere for the pregnant girls houses. On one site they reproduced a passage from a BNP policy pledge and it seems there is nothing between those policies.

Strange.

8. had to go to the dentists,can't believe how fast they pull teeth out now and no pain too,this was preferable to listening to any leaders speech but especially this one.
    I could make a guess that there would be nothing much about our War! and a lot about how he saved the world.
    Can't anyone ask him why our troops are losing their lives yet hundreds of young Afghans are waiting to get into this country?
    They are supposed to be proud people I'll believe that when they all turn around and fight for their own country.
    I would admit no more of them.

9. Well that's an hour of my life I'll never get back again.

I thought the speech before the election was much about talking to the electorate rather than crowing to the faithful? Rubbish. What utter rot I heard today posturing to the either delusional or the drunk. All these promises for the next election, yes, it's not like you've had twelve years to get it right! Sanctimonious twaddle to talk of curbing anti-social behaviour, investing in hard working families... sorry, it's the hard working majority now, isn't it?

And as for Afghanistan and the Armed Forces? About 20 words. You can see how much of a priority we'll be for the election, then.

Rant over, I'm off to the pub.

10. He wants councils to have the power to ban 24 hour drinking - he f'in brought it in and obviously don't want to be seen doing yet another 'U' turn.

He must know the nation is laughing at him and calling him an ********, is he really that thick or does he only have one ear to go with his one eye.

11. Know how you feel mate - I was so depressed from watching England getting turned over by the Kiwis I thought a bit of light relief was called for: no chance - same old cobblers, same old syncopthic toadies applauding every word - how can you spend 59 minutes talking absolute SH1TE then get a standing ovation ? So it was back to the cricket, and open a 2 litre bottle of cider - life didn't seem half as bad.

12. My bold - cos he wants family members to be able to go to work as soon as possible so they can start to pay tax and social security for the Government to spend on cleaning up the mess they have got the UK in.

13. This was Brown before the speech

[​IMG]

14. wonder if his shitting on the forces is because his Mrs was married to a Para!!