List of fitness tests for HMS Raleigh?

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Flintendo, Dec 16, 2014.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. i start my phase one at Raleigh In Jan. Im aware that I've got my 1.5 mile and the 50m swim, but what else, and when?
  2. Military swim test. New entry fitness test - within first day or two along with another medical and dental check
  3. Are those the only tests I'll do during my time at Raleigh?
  4. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Were you not briefed on fitness requirements whilst on PRNC?
  5. If you're feeling ill prepared I'd gladly take that January start date off your hands
  6. It all depends on what you class a test. The whole ten weeks are a test in itself and you are under the microscope at all times. Don't take your eye off the ball.
  7. Yeah I was briefed, I don't feel unprepared, Im just a little unsure about what is expected of me other than my utmost commitment and effort.
  8. Did you listen to the brief at PRNC? They make it pretty clear on what tests you get
  9. Your fitness will be assessed from start to finish. You'll do circuits a few times a week, camp sprints, ropes, bleep tests, swim circuits etc. As for pass fail tests, you'll do two 2.4k runs, a strength test, swim in overalls, a bleep test and IMF pass out
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Thank you, this is exactly what I wanted. Much appreciated.
  11. Anybody in the Huntingdon/St Ives (Cambridgeshire) area? are offering anybody joining the RN, RM, Army or the other ones free boot camp fitness just mention the Huntingdon Live Magazine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk