Lions 2013

Discussion in 'Sports and Adventure Training' started by frogman007, Jun 1, 2013.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Well a good start. Philips nailed his test spot on. Roberts too. Hate to pick the 2nd row ans I think Warburton better have a good game Wednesday if fit. Gonna be an awesome tour and I have a month off to enjoy it.............
  2. tiddlyoggy

tiddlyoggy War Hero Book Reviewer

All them one trick pony Welsh backs won't have such an easy time against the Wallabies though mate. Bish bosh runners don't work against the SH teams as the Taffs have proved so well themselves on many, many occasions. If BOD doesn't remain fit I think they may have real problems getting any decent penetration in attack.
  3. A prophetic statement there Tiddly after yesterday's game
    Vunipola was a liability in the 1st half both in the scrum and around the park. The lineout needs sorting as well. The Lions didn't look like scoring a try no matter how long was left on the clock
    All to play for next week
  4. Think that's us done. Wallabies will have their tales in the air now. Shame it was looking good at one point.

We need to stop kicking away possession. Shore up the scrum. Hopefully Corbs will be back. Drop BOD for Manu/Roberts. Croft to start over Lydiate and maybe Falateu to start with Heaslip on at 60 mins or vice versa.

Line out needs addressing and as SCW invented in 2003 TCUP. Think Clearly Under Pressure.
  5. tiddlyoggy

I think it's a tour too far for bod. Shame, as he has the flair to set them big Welsh backs off. But I think he has shown beyond doubt that his best days are long past. I agree that yesterday there looked to be little try scoring threat. If I was gats I'd go for twelve trees in for bod to set the backs free and have wade in for Bowe to offer real pace. I rate bowe but wade is quicker and I'm not convinced bowe is 100% fit.
  6. tiddlyoggy

Jimmy, I wouldn't drop Lydiate for croft. Croft is a great runner and line out option, but doesn't bring enough grunt to the breakdown, which is another area we have stuttered in. See Warburton went off limping yesterday, anyone any news there? Away for the weekend st the moment so a bit out of the media loop.
  7. tiddlyoggy

I think scrum half is a problem too. I read a good article by matt Dawson that suggested the wallabies had Phillips all worked out and targeted him with ambush traps in the first test. When I watched the rerun it was s very plausible argument. They show him a half gap knowing he will go for it then throw the kitchen sink st him. As for youngsters, I've never rated him. He lacks the instinctive awareness that a sh needs which means he can't get ball away quickly. I love the way care plays for quins, but think he's shit for England. Would like yo see Dickson there but that's obviously nit going to happen.
  8. Why don't the lions take a leaf out of the Army's book, When the going get tough crack open a box of Fijians. :)
  9. What time did you start drinking?
  10. He started when he was still Billy TwoTree's
  11. tiddlyoggy

Haha. It's my ******* phone Jim. Can't post properly with it.

12. Not the spelling oppo, the friggin selection!!

Warburton out too! 2-1 loss on its way.
  13. tiddlyoggy

12 trees is the only other creative centre with bod below par. You can't have 2 bosh merchants in the centre it just doe work. You need a bit of guile to beat tri nations teams.
  14. He had is chance on this tour and was awful. I promise he will not be in the mix. If you watch Warrenball's tactics I think he will have two bosh merchants and rely on the wings to create.
  15. tiddlyoggy

I didn't think for a minute he was in with a chance, but I think he's our best hope. There's just no flair there apart from a "past it" BOD. Shit or bust time methinks. I agree Gats is unlikely to change from the tactics he has become used to operating with Wales (always said he picked too many Welsh backs). Might be good to have him on the bench, he will offer something different and matbe useful if we end up chasing the game. And I'd still put in Wade for Bowe, but that won't happen either.

16. Rather put Faz at 12 than 36.
  17. in fact rather put Tom Youngs there than 12 threes.
  18. tiddlyoggy

For his creativity? He'd just hoof away almost every ball he got. You can't score tries without the ball mate. Maybe go a bit radical and put North in the centre? Wade and Bowe on the wing. At least that back line would have some gas.
  19. Either way Gatland has just lost a lot of fans. When have Wales ground out a win. I see 15 clear points to the Ozzies. Pretty dog shit selction. No continuity. This is shit or bust not warm up games for the dirt trackers.

As a Wasps fan (as you know) WG was an awesome coach and took us to the next level. However I think he has royally fucked up this time.
  20. tiddlyoggy

Agreed Jim. When he was at Wasps one of his strengths was picking players from a small squad to get squad rotation, but still achieve success, not easy when Wasps squad has always been one of the smallest in the prem. His Wales squad have shown they can't beat Aus with their huge backs trying to smash up the defence, this mainly Welsh squad probably won't either.