Linen suits- acceptable at this time of year?

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by JonnoJonno, Dec 7, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Alright cunts

I have a date next weekend and in an ideal world would like to wrap my rather magnificent and manly form in my blue linen suit; it's cool in overly heated theatres, and I look frankly delicious in it.

Am I committing an enormous social faux-pas wearing a non-seasonal suit? I'll have my Cashmere overcoat whilst outside and the usual smart black shoes.

Comments and help please. I would have posted this somewhere sensible but I would have been banned for saying 'linen'. :roll:
  2. What's the other bloke's name? :D
  3. Re: Linen suits- acceptable at this time of year

Real men wear tweed.
  4. No JJ, absolute fashion faux pas.

Linen and cashmere do not go at all.

Although if you were a girl I would say go spangly or animal print. Both big this year.
  5. JJ, blue linen suit is cool, good overcoat as you say so go for it.
  6. On Saturdays Allen is a girl; not legally obviously but we decorate his mangina with a merkin and elongate it with with a suture stitch. Works wonders I tells ya 8O

2DD - I have the tweed going on in my wardrobe aswell, but for the theatre it's social death I would imagine
  7. In answer to your message:
    Para 1. No you don't, you look a complete plonker.
    Para2. Yes, this is not the tropics and the most any public building is now allowed to be heated at is 26c.
    ps. Delicious is in the eye of the beholder, a bit like recommending a restuarant or talking about cars. You may have a magnificient form but to be perfectly honest in my umpteen years of observing the same, I have seen precious few, and none at all from those who reckoned themselves so blessed.
  8. Just noticed you are going on a date.

Don't forget your rape kit.
  9. Cheers, I feel less edgy about my choice now, although I do see Rosina's point about mixing fabrics. I'll wear a polyester mac and be done with it :)
  10. Great, it is good to see someone who doesn't give a damn about what others think about them. Good luck.
  11. Blackrat

Blackrat War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

I'm with 2DD on the tweed as it's for winners, but i am liking the linen option. It will be creased and give the young filly the impression that you are a lush, and therefore a man of substance and knowledge. Wear it and be damned! Make sure you get a mahossive bag of sweets and slip your cock up through a slit in the underside, so she can have a good feel. If she is offended by this, ensure you have the pepper spray or chloroform on standby. Don't forget the harry maskers just in case. Are you off to see Hairspray?
  12. In my defence my last response was made before your comments had sunk in. Basically linen is a no-no despite feeling overly warm in almost any building (all those naked bars have reset my thermostat I'm afraid). What suit would be best suited for an evening date a a theatre then mate? It's not posh enough to get my DJ out so I'm flumoxed. Thanks
  13. Good plan mate; once you've cut the hole the rest is just a waiting game :twisted:
  14. You have me slightly but what kind of event is it? For a first date I would go as you please, this avoids nasty surprises later. It gives you and your intended an easy get out clause if things go wrong.
  15. Blackrat

Indeed. Trying to keep wood can be a bit tricky so i suggest going to see Chicago, as it's a wank fest.
  16. Mama Mia! What are you suggesting?
  17. Go in rig you cnut she'll lick the skidders of the insides of your boxers before you can say what would you like to drink at the interval you po faced cretin
  18. Blackrat

That's not an option Stan old chum. Jonno and i are Army types so don't do scruffy.
  19. Wwwwhhhaaaaat!
  20. Blackrat