Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lily pad

D

Deleted 58790

Jack's Flat top to become squaddies "Lily Pad"
General Sir Mark Carleton-Smith refers

And the best egg banjo’s in the universe - and don’t get me started on the medicinal merits of the chocolate/strawberry milk hangover cure the chogi‘s sold from, I think, a little trike with an icebox attached

Chris P

Lantern Swinger
Tropical routine, swimming pool, NAAFI night in - bollocks lets go down the strasse - two hours sleep and then start again!! oh to be able to do that again................maybeo_O

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
And the best egg banjo’s in the universe - and don’t get me started on the medicinal merits of the chocolate/strawberry milk hangover cure the chogi‘s sold from, I think, a little trike with an icebox attached
Best egg banjo's were from the bars down by Custom House steps (Dreadnought bar was one IIRC), waiting for a dgħajsa to take you back across Grand Harbour to St Angelo (IMHO ;))

Best egg banjo's were from the bars down by Custom House steps (Dreadnought bar was one IIRC), waiting for a dgħajsa to take you back across Grand Harbour to St Angelo (IMHO ;))
I can’t disagree as I never had the pleasure of a run in Malta - FES was always via the Cape cos the canal was closed - but from what I heard I dipped out on that one - never got further in the Med than Gib - but I’m pretty confident on the strawberry milk goffers - when your gob is like the inside of the Queen Mother’s shaving mug they’re a lifesaver :p

D

Deleted 58790

I think QE's Lily Padding will be rather more Commonwealth and Ladybird Asahi and chottomatte paper than Simbang and Terror with Tiger Beer and Balm. A run ashore to the US Chinhae Navy Base at Busan will be well worth it

Last edited by a moderator:

redmonkey

Lantern Swinger
Book Reviewer
What has a cruise liner (QE2) to do with the deployment of UK forces to the far east?

Waspie

War Hero
The Singapore 'Maggies' aka Milk Shakes and egg banjo's kept me going after many a night down Bugis Strasse!!!!
A 'Maggie' man even turned up in the middle of the Ulu one trip up the jungle in Malaya!!! We were crashed out to go support Jonnie Ghurka, Just as we were landing in a clearing at Mersing, there is the Maggie man on his tricycle peddling like the clappers to meet us!!!
The CIA could do with their contacts!!!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
4to8 get stuffed Lily Allen Diamond Lil's 1
Topstop I-Pad. Bloody Computers 2
Pool-Champ Pad locks Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 13