Life of a Chef

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by waveyourflag, Jul 8, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. doe's each chef in the navy work from breakfast to dinner, or is there two different chef 'teams' that divide up the work.
    plus when/where/what do the chefs eat, do they miss out on alot of run ashores?
  2. Blackrat

Blackrat War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

The chefs eat nothing but chips and don't go on runs ashore as they tend to bend the gangplank due to the fact they are all lard arses.
  3. If you really want to know, then watch "Under Siege" with Stephen Seagal.

It's pretty much the same sort of life in the RN, except with a lot less Kung Fu and a lot more chips.
  4. You'll tend to work one in four the same as most everyone else, so no you don't miss out on any runs ashore.

You'll get to work (depending on the class of ship) 05:00-09:00 1st day, 08:00-14:00 + 18:00-20:30 next day, 08:00-16:00 the next day and then 08:00-21:00 the last day. However you'll remain flexible as sometimes you work longer and sometimes you'll work less depending on whether you're alongside or at sea, leave etc. Plus you'll also have comunal commitments.

Hope this helps
  5. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Been in 24 years, and I've yet to see a Navy Chef do that!! :shock: :wink:
  6. As a fitter and turner, you should all be confined to your bunk space and not allowed near food.
  7. sgtpepperband

True. Anyway, I am an athlete - I never put solids in a hydraulic system... :wink:
  8. You can freeze beer mate; live a little :lol:
  9. sgtpepperband

...and rum! :thumbleft:
  10. sgtpepperband

RN Chefs' version:

11. Mmmmmm."Whats got a hazel nut in every bite?"
  12. Is it a kai tai called Hazel? 8O :roll: :D
  13. Noooo. Squirrell shite :D :D
  14. :D :D :D :D
  15. I must have dipped out then, working watch and watch for most of my 12 years. Never achieved the luxury of 1 in 4, even on a shore base.