Life is full of surprises

Discussion in 'The Gash Barge' started by HarryBosch, Apr 22, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. In Sept 1982 I was told by the cute woman I loved to leave the mob or "fuck off", so I did the latter, failed the course I had hoped to pass and left a couple of years years later.

Two weeks ago and twenty five years later my daughter finds me and tells me she had spent years looking for me. Oh, and she tells me I'm a sodding grandad too (how does one spell grandad?).

Has anybody else opened an email recently to be greeted by the words, 'You might like to sit down ..' or similar? :lol:
  2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Congratulations granddad! (Think that's how it's spelt)

Your ex-missus sounds about as eloquent as Mrs Ninja!
  3. wow,,,, how cool,,,,,,
    hope all goes well fr you and you new found family...

4. She's gonna hit you for years worth of child support, all backdated :lol:

But yeah, that's funny, strange not haha.
  5. Congratulations..Looks like you have a lot of catching up to do!

Lovely photo.
  6. I presume both as as brainy as Wittgenstein?

Congrats upon your extending family.
  7. Harry I have been wondering where you have been and missed you in chat? But now that I know why, missing doesn't exactly explain it mate?? An amazing time for you I'm sure mate. They are both gorgeous. Wishing all three of you lots of time, space and love to get to know each other.
    Shalom mate
    P x
  8. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

Ha ha..congratulations "gramps"

Lovely looking new family for you there mate....take it they take after the mother... :lol:
  9. Harry, hope the shock has worn off a bit, but a very belated congrats on fatherhood, and further congrats Grandpa :twisted:
  10. Whoa H a bolt from the blue that one.

My thoughts echo Wee Pintas for you and your new family.

11. chieftiff

chieftiff War Hero Moderator

Harry the Grampa :lol: Congratulations mate beautiful family, lots of catching up to do!
  12. I'm sober now :) Thanks for all your comments ... buggers one and all!

By the way, Cheiftiff, the quotation sounds like Thomas Kuhn but I'm unsure about the photo. Best book on TK is written by my external examiner and Rupert Read, here:

Thanks again, all.

PS Blobmeister ... you better believe it ... I saw her mum two weeks ago and she's still fit ... a MILF in your parlance :lol:
  13. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

No've moved up a step now mate..its GILF...... :lol: well done again. :lol:
  14. Sorry Chief, the pic is of Max Planck! I should have guessed and googled the image earlier :)
  15. chieftiff

I knew you'd would get it, everyone else has been thinking it's a picture of me, although there is an uncanny resemblance-minus the tache. Thanks for the link to the book though looks good, I will have to drop a hint to Mrs Chieftiff for a crimbo present :wink:
  16. chieftiff

By the way Harry, after dusting off my copy of British Maritime Doctrine - Third edition 2004, for another thread. Guess who appears on page 15, full page photo and tucked into the right hand side is 8O 8O you! Gen dit 12 clips!
  17. Harry

Now i know what you meant in our thread last night mate, congratulations on being a dad and a grandad. :D :D

Got a phone call from my brother in 2001 saying dad wants to meet you. I was 28 and hadn't seen him since i was 3 months old. So there you go, things are meant to happen for a reason. :)
  18. Congratulations instant family, I'm welling up.