Life as a weapons engineer in the RN?

Sumo

War Hero
Very true Sumo, started course as MQC, halfway through told we were no longer to be Mechs. Still, at least I didn't end up a wafu.
I know one lad in our class went from skimmer Pinky,comcen maintainer to subs OA he was not a happy bunny, he would have prefered WAFU

Sumo

War Hero
You're really not getting this are you?
Tiddly
I think she gets it if her tool box is to heavy go and look for a clanky or
deck ape to carry it for her, she could ask a WAFU but she would have to get
him out of his rack first and woo would he drip if he scratched his nail polish.=-*:withstupid::angel12:

tiddlyoggy

War Hero
Book Reviewer
Shame this isn't in Lil's Froggy, I'm sure I'm not alone with a disgusting reply available to that one!

Sumo

War Hero
We kept one free as a come in handy shower for when we went on our runs ashore. So we looked and smelled good when we got to the hotel!
I used to shower before I went home after a patrol, my misses said we never smelt good so detailed me of to empty contents of grip in to washing machine, which she would waste water and send around about 3 times and ordered me back into the shower, and after all the effort I went to, I even changed my keggs whether they needed it or not.

I remember when the roof was hard that we had a 1m rule, if anyone could stand to be with in 1m you did not need a shower. I am sure one ship mate had a blocked nose or no sense of smell.^^\\\\\\\'
:pottytrain5::smooch::naka::naka::pukel:

sgtpepperband

War Hero
Book Reviewer
When I returned from deployments ex-Mrs. SPB would insist that I went to my GP to get my foot infection looked at, because she complained that my all socks smelled funny...

MG Maniac

War Hero
When I returned from deployments ex-Mrs. SPB would insist that I went to my GP to get my foot infection looked at, because she complained that my all socks smelled funny...
Trench Foot from standing around in dark wet piss stained corners waiting for some poor unfortunate Matelot to come back off shore????? :laughing3:

Sumo

War Hero
After a deployment are you sure they were your socks, I ended up with all sorts of odd pairs???:toothy8:

sgtpepperband

War Hero
Book Reviewer
I didn't care whose socks they were - needs must, and all that. Sometimes I grabbed whatever I could reach from my bottom bunk: steaming bats, towels, No. 8s shirts... :twisted:

WreckerL

War Hero
They're call No 4's now SPB, you'd never have passed the entrance exam for the Faslane Fashion Police (they had crowns on their arms as well..was that cross pollination?)

Sumo

War Hero
I didn't care whose socks they were - needs must, and all that. Sometimes I grabbed whatever I could reach from my bottom bunk: steaming bats, towels, No. 8s shirts... :twisted:
And they complain about submariners, we always knoew our stuff, we never took it off

sgtpepperband

War Hero
Book Reviewer
I'm well aware of what they are called now, Wrecks. I intentionally referred to them as No. 8s to show how salty I was (and how long ago I used them to absorb "Gentleman's Relish")... :oops: :wink:

sgtpepperband

War Hero
Book Reviewer
Hehe, cheeky TO! Trust me, I've done my sea time (both as a Tas Ape and a Reggie). Regrettably I am not in a position to go to sea these days. Unless I get into the Hants Police Marine Unit... :cool:

Sumo

War Hero
Hehe, cheeky TO! Trust me, I've done my sea time (both as a Tas Ape and a Reggie). Regrettably I am not in a position to go to sea these days. Unless I get into the Hants Police Marine Unit... :cool:
Now I can see the resemblance to your Avatar:lol:

tiddlyoggy

War Hero
Book Reviewer
Funny old thing SPB, I have made enquiries into joining the marine police unit down here for when I leave; extremely dificult to get into apparently due to high demand and low vacancies. Also very much dead man's shoes for promotion seemingly. Shame really, I could have made quite a career out of keeping Greenpeace scrotes away from boats in the Hamoaze.

Sumo

War Hero
Tiddy look at the down side you get to fish the dead bodies that occationally float in, apparently not a nice job