Life as a weapons engineer in the RN?

WreckerL

War Hero
As I started life as an OEM, I've always said we got dragged into the ME world because engine rooms became far too technical for the clankies, always good for a bite.

Sumo

War Hero
As I started life as an OEM, I've always said we got dragged into the ME world because engine rooms became far too technical for the clankies, always good for a bite.
No, not at all I used to help back afties to read CCT diagrams, as it was too technical
for them; I would get them to help with chilled water plumbing as that was to
menial for myself.

Sumo

War Hero
My cat choise was 'O', 'C' and 'R' in that order I was given 'R'

WreckerL

War Hero
Cct diagrams never worried me being a proper greenie, I have, however, had to help WE's out when they won degausssing. They don't do rotating machinery which includes the synchro's in their sonar suites, they used to try it on saying it was mine as it was driven off digital depth.

WreckerL

War Hero
I always wanted to go OE, made the dizzy heights of LOEM and then woke up one day with a propellor on my arm :(

Sumo

War Hero
Did my
time as ERs, BERs, switchboards and vent party on a Tribal and Leander, as a skimmer, always
had the WT emergency diesel genny

Sumo

War Hero
I always wanted to go OE, made the dizzy heights of LOEM and then woke up one day with a propellor on my arm :(

But something much worst was to come! One day you would wake up with no badges and someone called you a TIFF

WreckerL

War Hero
Very true Sumo, started course as MQC, halfway through told we were no longer to be Mechs. Still, at least I didn't end up a wafu.

Ins

Thanks for all your replies so far, however I thought I better add something- I can't go on submarines as of yet as I am a girl :) so I have my sights set on one of the fleet above the surface. :D I'd just like to ask- do you enjoy working as weapons engineers? Do you think it's a good branch to go in?

Thanks so far x

finknottle

Banned
**** off, Ron Weasley. I thought you had died alone in your bedsit in a pool of stagnant urine, stinking like a piece of dead meat. A piece of dead meat so toxic I wouldn't even feed your corpse to vultures.
Ha Ha He He, you wish you failed sailor.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

tiddlyoggy

War Hero
Book Reviewer
Thanks for all your replies so far, however I thought I better add something- I can't go on submarines as of yet as I am a girl :) so I have my sights set on one of the fleet above the surface. :D I'd just like to ask- do you enjoy working as weapons engineers? Do you think it's a good branch to go in?

Thanks so far x
You're really not getting this are you?

frogman007

War Hero

Thanks so far x
Can you post a picture of yourself to see if you will make a good WE? I am on the WE candidate entrance board.

sgtpepperband

War Hero
Book Reviewer
Brilliant. :|

Look, I'd love to stop and chat but I'd rather have type 2 diabetes. Fuckittybye.

Last edited:

Sumo

War Hero
Can you post a picture of yourself to see if you will make a good WE? I am on the WE candidate entrance board.
Blimey Froggy from her 1st post she is in the 15/16 yrs old catagory are you going to ask the judge to add more than bullying?:wink::wink::toothy6::toothy6::monkey::monkey:

Latest Threads