Lieutenant Commander Ian Molyneux dies during HMS Astute incident

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by MoD_RSS, Apr 9, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

2. There will always be a rogue but i think condolences for his family RIP

3. Top bloke and a tragic loss to the submarine service, heartfelt condolences to his wife and four children. RIP Ian.

4. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

A lot of potential submariners who visited Astute in build in Barrow may not realise Ian was the guy that arranged it via the AFCOs.

A great loss to the service as well as his family.

RIP

5. RIP and a deepest, most heartfelt thank you to his family for everything he has done for his country while serving. My condolences

6. Have a good old sleep Shippers.

7. Deepest sympathy to family and friends. No submariner should get called aloft like that; a real tragedy.

8. RIP Sir, I salute you.

9. RIP Thoughts and prayers

10. Magda

Magda War Hero Book Reviewer

Sounds like a top man and a true gentleman. Will be much missed I'm sure. Rest In Peace.

11. Able Seaman Ryan Samuel Donovan, 22, of Dartford, Kent, is due to appear before magistrates in Southampton on Monday.
    The Royal Navy serviceman has also been charged with the attempted murders of Petty Officer Christopher Brown, 36, Chief Petty Officer David McCoy, 37, and Lieutenant Commander Christopher Hodge, 45.

BBC News - Nuclear submarine sailor charged with murder

12. RIP Ian.

Seemed a good guy from when ive met him. Why is it always the good guys get thier lives cut short where as the criminal scum bags always seem to survive???

• Like Like x 1
  13. Good luck to the young chap

And as for moondog

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk