Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Lieutenant Commander Arthur Edward Kitchener Green RNVR

pjlee

Midshipman
Does anyone have information on the naval career of Lieutenant Commander Arthur Edward Kitchener Green RNVR, he was the late father of a friend of mine and she has no information on his naval career during the Second World War. He was born on the 17th March 1912 or 1915.

Thanks

Paul

Does anyone have information on the naval career of Lieutenant Commander Arthur Edward Kitchener Green RNVR, he was the late father of a friend of mine and she has no information on his naval career during the Second World War. He was born on the 17th March 1912 or 1915.

Thanks

Paul

Has the lady applied for her late father's service record, Paul?

Your friend doesn't know what year her father was born in? It's not that hard to find out...

If you look at some of the copperplate script used on things like, duh, birth certificates, you'll find it is sometimes VERY difficult to read letters or numbers. I can never remember when my parents were born, obviously I know 'ish' but I have to think about it.

Thanks all, this forum is excellent. Excuse my ignorance but could someone explain why he should have been called Patrick.

Paul

Just as an aside, Paul, the gentleman may well have been listed in the Navy List, which is accessible via some libraries, however the wartime editions were heavily edited, so may not be a particularly useful source.

The unedited wartime versions do exist, but the copies of them are held in hard copy at Kew.

Senior Member LujonSA, I am an amateur researcher and I hope that we have a common purpose in that we keep the memory alive. Please explain your comment.

Paul

Latest Threads