Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lewis Page has a pop at us

the_matelot

War Hero
A bitter and twisted ex MW Officer who has no appreciation of how the mob works outside of the muppet world hence when he got told he would have to serve in DD/FF to progress in his career, he stuck his notice in.

A couple of MW Officers I worked with a couple of years ago informed me that he is a complete and utter chopper of the highest order.

His book is a joke as well-I stopped reading it half way through as it is shite.

Grog_Rat

Badgeman
"But Daring does have her 4.5-inch main gun, and a pair of ordinary slower-firing 30mm cannon intended for use against pirate dhows and the like."

What a cock, I would love to see this 4.5 that can fire faster than 30. I wouldnt want to be gunbay crew on it, it would have to be belt fed from the magazine.

As an ex muppet pig, he should know that the 30 has a greater rate of fire, they have a 30 on the MCMV's

Seadog

War Hero
the_matelot wrote
His book is a joke as well-I stopped reading it half way through as it is shite.

I don't rate it that highly. LP has to be the least informed, least experienced, least able, most bitter rent a quote from the retired/ex community. The only place where you'll read more rubbish is when Norman or his ilk visit Rum Ration. The linked article is so full of holes and factual errors that a tin foil hat or letter to the Telegraph is unnecessary.

Allnightin

Lantern Swinger
Waspie said:
Surely no one takes this sort of journalism seriously?

Unfortunately quite a lot of MPS and Peers have taken his "Dinosaurs and Donkeys" book seriously enough to quote from it at Westminster and for instance Nicholas Soames's recent bit about the CVF being too big has a Pagesque flavour to it. It is also maddening that the BBC and the Telegraph regularly call him for a quote if there is any news of a Naval event. I suppose it is all part of the media desire to have a different viewpoint - they call that "balance". Lewis Page will no doubt continue to trot out stories about the poor value of DD/FFs because he is still convinced that we only build them as propmotion opportunities for the surface fleet.

His latest bit about gunnery and decoys just shows his ignorance yet again. The 4.5" system takes its target tracking from the electro optical system for starters!

icantfly

Lantern Swinger
"The guns on the ships are powered by radar," [?] said the source

Wow.. really? Is that how guns are "powered"??

wave_dodger

MIA
Book Reviewer
I couldn't resist so I used the form to respond and take him to task - wow is he sensitive!!

Because he pays my taxes I am not allowed to critisise his article! and I should show more manners and not be critical of him either.

Amazing he even responded stating that he left because the best thing the RN could offer him was PWO on a T45 or something less feeble like a T42/T23.

He thinks very highly of himself.......clearly his appointer and the RN didn't!

sgtpepperband

War Hero
Book Reviewer
I will treat his "exclusive journalism" in the same manner that the Defence Estates and MOD Police Fraud investigators treated his allegations in his "Lions, Donkeys & Dinosaurs" 'novel' [sic] - with initial interest but subsequent indifference and contempt for his pathetic drivel... :pukel:

NotmeChief

Banned
The first thing to establish is 'who the fcuk is Lewis Page'? The second, was it at Portsmouth or Plymouth Navy Days he gained his experience.

What a tosser.

War Hero
wave_dodger said:
I couldn't resist so I used the form to respond and take him to task - wow is he sensitive!!

He thinks very highly of himself.......clearly his appointer and the RN didn't!

As I recall he had a moderately hissy fit in another place when his strategic outlook came in for some informed criticism.

As I recall he turned down PWO course about four years after I did. fwiw I went on to have a hugely entertaining time.

sgtpepperband

War Hero
Book Reviewer
Karma said:
...As I recall he turned down PWO course about four years after I did. fwiw I went on to have a hugely entertaining time.

Using HM Ships to carry your sexual organs from one port to another?! 8O :lol:

War Hero
sgtpepperband said:
Karma said:
...As I recall he turned down PWO course about four years after I did. fwiw I went on to have a hugely entertaining time.

Using HM Ships to carry your sexual organs from one port to another?! 8O :lol:

I had a CO who seemed to think that the ship was there to carry him to the next hotel that his Other Significant Other was staying at :)

I turned down PWO course, ended up with a sub-unit command and then exchange to another government department. Page turned down PWO course and now writes, and talks, sh!te for the gullible masses :D

(I now write very expensive sh!te for a select few)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
F Lewis Page at his "best" Current Affairs 13
I Another nutty diatribe from Lewis Page Current Affairs 46
wave_dodger LEWIS PAGE - For Defence Minister Current Affairs 18
L More from Lewis Page Current Affairs 14
S Adm West and Lewis Page on Today 23/1/07 Current Affairs 15
Simon - Quest Magazine Lewis Hamilton surprises soldiers, sailors and airmen on board HMS Middleton Charity 5
jesse W.T.F. Was billy lewis? Diamond Lil's 0
Ageing_Gracefully Book Comp: Bravo Six Zero by Damien Lewis Competitions 19
soleil HMS Westminster - Martin Lewis Money Show - ITV1 - Tuesday, December 11th 2012 The Fleet 1
jesse Me, Henry Hudson. Lewis and Clark, and all the Mountain men. Travel & The Great Outdoors 5
Ageing_Gracefully COMPETITION – FIRE STRIKE 7/9 by Sgt Paul ‘Bommer’ Grahame & Damien Lewis Competitions 5
A Frederick Lewis GRAHAM K/40547 History 12
oberon MPs keep the John Lewis list Current Affairs 36
lamptramp63 Lewis Hamilton Current Affairs 32
Naval_Gazer Stopping MOD RSS feed saturating new posts page. Site Issues 5
soleil FB: HMS Raleigh Page: "A Short Video Of The Cornwell27s At Pier Cellars This Week" Bases / Shore Est 0
soleil FB: RN Page: "RN Pilot (On Exchange Programme) Helps To Save Lives In The Devastating Fires In Australia" The Fleet Air Arm 2
soleil FB: HMS Raleigh page - The Twelve Days Of Christmas Bases / Shore Est 1
MoD_RSS Press release: Handwritten page from Darwin's ‘On The Origin Of Species’ at risk of export from the UK MoD News 0
soleil Strategy Page: "Female Tars: Women Aboard Ship in the Age of Sail - Suzanne J. Stark" The Book Club 3
janner Parents Page Joining the Royal Navy 1199
Stirlin Page breaks. Site Issues 0
FunkyJunky Funny Facebook page The Fleet 33
alfred_the_great Home Page and the 'rough bit' Site Issues 5
Bad CO HMS TEMERAIRE - Web Page on DII Bases / Shore Est 2
soleil Strategy Page (US): "The Royal Navy And The Mystery Rudder Disease" Submariners 9
trelawney126 Mr Mc Shane's Colouring Page. Diamond Lil's 8
BillyNoMates The Gash Barge...final score (on home page) The Gash Barge 1
jesse why can I only get the !st. page of the last 50? Site Issues 34
Blackrat RR Facebook Page Site Issues 3
labrum MOD website front page news... Diamond Lil's 6
scouse Navy News Page 23 The Fleet Air Arm 0
diesel 4.5 mm gun on Home page today Site Issues 7
O Problem Page Miscellaneous 0
Naval_Gazer Home page photo Site Issues 13
A Royal Navy Facebook page The Quarterdeck 1
Blackrat Blackrats Problem Page RR Greatest Threads 233
trelawney126 Hanley Page Prang The Fleet Air Arm 11
S Page 56 Diamond Lil's 66
Scarface2009 How do you get a pic on your profile page? Site Issues 6
Good_CO Front Page Images Site Issues 21
SONAR-BENDER Front page of The SUN Current Affairs 10
O Defence Intranet Start-Up Page- depressing? Diamond Lil's 19
S Page Plus Bloody Computers 4
P So when do we get the new front page scheme? Site Issues 6
T Whitemouse appears on front page of The Independent Diamond Lil's 11
NotmeChief Shite Front Page Site Issues 13
golden_rivet CAMPAIGN TO GET THE GASH BARGE PUT BACK ON THE FRONT PAGE Site Issues 15
bigbaddog A one-page website..odd! Diamond Lil's 3
P Navy Bans Page 3! Diamond Lil's 36