Lewis Page has a pop at us

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by redassnotdragass, Jun 4, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Some people write some absolute shite. He's not Nails in disguise is he?

2. Oh dear - oh dear...

3. Quite funny I thought.

Surely no one takes this sort of journalism seriously?

4. What a wonderful and informative article by such an established author - NOT

What a tosser.

5. the_matelot

the_matelot War Hero Moderator

A bitter and twisted ex MW Officer who has no appreciation of how the mob works outside of the muppet world hence when he got told he would have to serve in DD/FF to progress in his career, he stuck his notice in.

A couple of MW Officers I worked with a couple of years ago informed me that he is a complete and utter chopper of the highest order.

His book is a joke as well-I stopped reading it half way through as it is shite.

6. "But Daring does have her 4.5-inch main gun, and a pair of ordinary slower-firing 30mm cannon intended for use against pirate dhows and the like."

What a cock, I would love to see this 4.5 that can fire faster than 30. I wouldnt want to be gunbay crew on it, it would have to be belt fed from the magazine.

As an ex muppet pig, he should know that the 30 has a greater rate of fire, they have a 30 on the MCMV's

7. Slower than a Phalanx ;)

And fwiw I agree with t_m, Page was a ****

8. Seadog

Seadog War Hero Moderator

the_matelot wrote
    I don't rate it that highly. LP has to be the least informed, least experienced, least able, most bitter rent a quote from the retired/ex community. The only place where you'll read more rubbish is when Norman or his ilk visit Rum Ration. The linked article is so full of holes and factual errors that a tin foil hat or letter to the Telegraph is unnecessary.

9. Unfortunately quite a lot of MPS and Peers have taken his "Dinosaurs and Donkeys" book seriously enough to quote from it at Westminster and for instance Nicholas Soames's recent bit about the CVF being too big has a Pagesque flavour to it. It is also maddening that the BBC and the Telegraph regularly call him for a quote if there is any news of a Naval event. I suppose it is all part of the media desire to have a different viewpoint - they call that "balance". Lewis Page will no doubt continue to trot out stories about the poor value of DD/FFs because he is still convinced that we only build them as propmotion opportunities for the surface fleet.

His latest bit about gunnery and decoys just shows his ignorance yet again. The 4.5" system takes its target tracking from the electro optical system for starters!

10. It was the bit about Phalanx that got me! He didn't seem to realise the Phalanx mounts are in Basra!!!!!

11. (granny)

(granny) War Hero Book Reviewer

If an intergalactic war breaks out am I liable to be recalled to the colours?

12. "The guns on the ships are powered by radar," [?] said the source

Wow.. really? Is that how guns are "powered"??

13. wave_dodger

wave_dodger War Hero Book Reviewer

I couldn't resist so I used the form to respond and take him to task - wow is he sensitive!!

Because he pays my taxes I am not allowed to critisise his article! and I should show more manners and not be critical of him either.

Amazing he even responded stating that he left because the best thing the RN could offer him was PWO on a T45 or something less feeble like a T42/T23.

He thinks very highly of himself.......clearly his appointer and the RN didn't!

14. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

I will treat his "exclusive journalism" in the same manner that the Defence Estates and MOD Police Fraud investigators treated his allegations in his "Lions, Donkeys & Dinosaurs" 'novel' [sic] - with initial interest but subsequent indifference and contempt for his pathetic drivel... :pukel:

15. The first thing to establish is 'who the fcuk is Lewis Page'? The second, was it at Portsmouth or Plymouth Navy Days he gained his experience.

What a tosser.

16. Talking of aliens which planet does this gibbering buffoon Page originate from?

17. As I recall he had a moderately hissy fit in another place when his strategic outlook came in for some informed criticism.

As I recall he turned down PWO course about four years after I did. fwiw I went on to have a hugely entertaining time.

18. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Using HM Ships to carry your sexual organs from one port to another?! 8O :lol:

19. I had a CO who seemed to think that the ship was there to carry him to the next hotel that his Other Significant Other was staying at :)

I turned down PWO course, ended up with a sub-unit command and then exchange to another government department. Page turned down PWO course and now writes, and talks, sh!te for the gullible masses :D

(I now write very expensive sh!te for a select few)