Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lewis Hamilton.

Dredd

War Hero
Super Moderator
FTFY! The biggest issue I have is people referring to DARTS or SNOOKER as a "sport" :p

Funny you mention that . . .

Many (many) years ago, when ITV still had a Saturday morning sports programme, there was bit about the WAG (before that was even really a concept) of a darts player, showing the TV crew around their mobile home or something, but the bit that sticks in my memory was when she referred to him as being "such a great athlete". How I chuckled, because he was one of those who could easily have been the inspiration for one of these characters in a famous Not The Nine O'Clok News sketch:

Waspie

War Hero
I know it’s off wiki, but I’m drunk and I hate the ****.
Feast your eyes on this bag of bollocks...

I see those of you who are staying silent, some of you the biggest of stars yet you stay silent in the midst of injustice. Not a sign from anybody in my industry which of course is a white dominated sport. I’m one of the only people of colour there yet I stand alone.

I would have thought by now you would see why this happens and say something about it but you can’t stand alongside us. Just know I know who you are and I see you…

I do not stand with those looting and burning buildings but those who are protesting peacefully. There can be no peace until our so called leaders make change. This is not just America, this is the UK, this is Spain, this is Italy and all over.

The way minorities are treated has to change, how you educate those in your country of equality, racism, classism and that we are all the same. We are not born with racism and hate in our hearts, it is taught by those we look up to.[198][199][200][201]

Ha. What a Cnut.
On a semi-serious note. With all the begging adverts asking us Western folk to donate sums of money to the poor, blind, deaf, waterless kids in Africa and the Middle East. Perhaps Mr Knighthood (desig.) could donate or even start a project with his wealth and really do something for his oppressed 'brothers'.
Serious mode off!
Hamilton is a boring dullard of the first order who instead of promoting a sport, (sorry, but I do think it is a sport), he has single handedly bored a planet to death with his rich boy antics.

Alfacharlie

War Hero
On a semi-serious note. With all the begging adverts asking us Western folk to donate sums of money to the poor, blind, deaf, waterless kids in Africa and the Middle East. Perhaps Mr Knighthood (desig.) could donate or even start a project with his wealth and really do something for his oppressed 'brothers'.
Serious mode off!
Hamilton is a boring dullard of the first order who instead of promoting a sport, (sorry, but I do think it is a sport), he has single handedly bored a planet to death with his rich boy antics.
Yup, and welcome back!

Ya wanker

Jacobus

War Hero
And moves afoot now to knight the throbber. Ffs. Sir Lewis Hamilton. For what exactly ? Major Tom; perhaps. But this. ?

During this Covid Epidemic it beats me why on earth these GP races are continuing at all. Starter Guesses?

1. They have sooo much pull on addicted petrolheads worldwide, all incapable of seeking other amusements?

2. If they stopped they'd reduce by more than a shedload that Carbon poisoning which the whole Effing F1 to F'n' shebang chucks into the atmosphere. That reduction alone would be just the ticket to cause Greta's first ever spasmic orgasm = Deep Joylode.

...yet nobody dares risk such drastic Carbon reductions - Because if they were to she'd be off baying stridently for more and more Deep Joylodes, the wee besum. Safer to let GPs crack on, leaving her and her armour-plated knickers untouched and still firmly twisted.

fishhead

War Hero
@BreathingOutOnTheWayUp the first thing to know about F1 is that first and foremost it is a business. They have an obligation to their shareholders and the participating teams to put on a show where possible. They are contracted to dozens of TV companies and other media to produce the goods and just because it has been a little difficult this year wasn't an excuse and let all the teams have to sack their staff or in some cases go to the wall.
Specifically on the emissions front as regards F1 the cars are now Hybrids with probably some of the most hi-tech and thermally efficient engines in the world. Compared to 7 years ago they use under two thirds of the fuel.
Yes everyone and their kit have to get around the world but the planning is such that much of the stuff goes by sea freight and only the personnel and key equipment going by air. Many other sports like football have their teams getting many more air miles over the period of twelve months.
If you don't like F1 this all means nothing and I'm sure there is plenty of work to be done to make it more environmentally friendly but they are not resting on their laurels and are looking to be carbon neutral by 2026.

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
Carbon neutral racing :eek: That means electric milk carts and our best driver, Benny Hill, has karked it!

Bugger :mad:

@BreathingOutOnTheWayUp the first thing to know about F1 is that first and foremost it is a business. They have an obligation to their shareholders and the participating teams to put on a show where possible. They are contracted to dozens of TV companies and other media to produce the goods and just because it has been a little difficult this year wasn't an excuse and let all the teams have to sack their staff or in some cases go to the wall.
Specifically on the emissions front as regards F1 the cars are now Hybrids with probably some of the most hi-tech and thermally efficient engines in the world. Compared to 7 years ago they use under two thirds of the fuel.
Yes everyone and their kit have to get around the world but the planning is such that much of the stuff goes by sea freight and only the personnel and key equipment going by air. Many other sports like football have their teams getting many more air miles over the period of twelve months.
If you don't like F1 this all means nothing and I'm sure there is plenty of work to be done to make it more environmentally friendly but they are not resting on their laurels and are looking to be carbon neutral by 2026.
@fishhead - Case well put, another school day thank you. My passing interest faded during period not too far back when F1 had developed into a regular procession of podium Ferraris, although its heartening to see how, (and I believe F1's potential casualties were the strongest driving) safety improvements all round have resulted in far fewer track injuries and fatalities.

Back on track (SWIDT?) Hamilton? Clearly the boy done exceeding well at his sport whoops, sorry = at his business entertainment job, might even gain a knighthood if written up well enough, I'm teetering on the fence.

TWIMC & FWIW his name and doings have polarised RR opinions previously:

Oct 2007- https://www.navy-net.co.uk/community/threads/lewis-hamilton.39845/ and
May 2017 - https://www.navy-net.co.uk/communit...ors-and-airmen-on-board-hms-middleton.167514/

Waspie

War Hero
Carbon neutral racing :eek: That means electric milk carts and our best driver, Benny Hill, has karked it!

Bugger :mad:
The yanks did a twist on racing over LD1!
The hooked up all the NASCAR teams training simulators. Then Raced all the circuits! Points counted as championship scores and results stood. It was actually realistic, even the crashes. No one hurt, and some classic racing. The only niggle whilst watching was the fact there was nothing out of focus. Bit spooky having no visual aberrations.
Kinda carbon neutral(ish)!!

huwshpis

War Hero
When I worked for the civvy side of the Government, one of my little jobs was suing F1 teams who didn’t pay the Atomic Energy Authority for the testing undertaken on their behalf. Quite a few F1 teams used to have different composition alloys radiation tested.