Let's here it for Lizzy!

Discussion in 'The Quarterdeck' started by aussiepint, Jul 12, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. She has every right to say what she wants. She has been the Queen of the Commonwealth for over 50 years. I love Annie Leibovitz' work, but still the American arrogance is so repulsive!

We, as a Commonwealth are so lucky to have a head of state who is steadfast and non-polititical. She's into her 80's and still, duty rules her life! Good lessons in my book!
  2. Quite right! :thebirdman:
  3. Go girl!
  4. Good for her. I sincerely hope that he didn't address her as "Queen. I recall hearing an interview with HRH the PoW where he said that an aspect he disliked of being in the USA was forever thinking they were addressing a RAF Police dog
  5. The Boss rocks.... Sorry! Aussiepint is quite right. HM is an example that all can learn from when it comes to duty. Sadly, a bad word these days.
    Editted for spolling
  6. Its all been taken out of context and badly edited by the good old beeb, but good on her
  7. Well, you can always trust the bbc to be impartial. Sorry, could. Not can.
  8. FlagWagger

FlagWagger Book Reviewer

I was asked today by one of the women here at work whether I'd seen the clip in question - she then went on to say, that one thing that all the press had missed was the Queen's stamina - there was an 81 year old lady in full royal regalia outpacing her accompanying, younger, ladies-in-waiting :)
  9. ROCK ON. Who invited this photographer!!!!!!!!!! A Lady always, dignity, and protocol she wrote the book. God Save the QUEEN!
  10. the photographer is known for being a difficult, sniveling twit who nonetheless does good work.

not all Yanks are as obnoxious as that git was.

11. hmm pity the same can't be said for the title of this thread !!!
  12. That septic should thank her lucky stars!300 years ago she'd have lost her head!
  13. G R, go on; just point out the spelling mistake you've spotted hear.
  14. Sorry GR, I did mean to write 'hear' instead of here. But being the only person who has ever made a spelling mistake on this forum, can I say sorry?
  15. Rg, oyu rwelly msut stpo pcikngi pu sppellying mistkes, i aam gongi ta git a comlpex.

Adn i doo remembre yuo admitnig too maknig a mistaek ni a thraed onec yuoself.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
  16. At the end of the day who actually gives a shite?
  17. If I wrote what I thought about the Royal Scroungers the might of this forum would most likely descend on me from a great height. So I will content myself with just saying.....Queen who????? I didn't vote for her!!!! Neither did I swear allegience, freedom is too precious to be given away to somebody only there by accident of birth. Brenda's family are a dysfunctional lot. They are supposed to be my betters and set an example, what an example!....Nobody is better than me.....nobody is worse either!!!!
    Oops....I might be in for a bit of grief now, oh well three hundred years ago my head would have been chopped off for daring to speak out loud!
    Long live the republic then!!!!

18. She wouldn't have been photographing the Queen 300 years ago, she'd have been painting a portrait. :toothy7: