Let the G4S Games Begin

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by trelawney126, Sep 11, 2012.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ya didn't think they wouldn't have expected that!
  2. Hat off to the guy for asking.

Necky twat!
  3. I don't believe G4S will request full payment.Their name is in the hat for a string of juicy government contracts connected with the privatisation of public services so they will play the long game and get the money back ten-fold.

4. David Taylor-Smith, chief operating officer, and Ian Horseman Sewell, head of global events at G4S have, today, been relieved of their duties in the wake of the Olympics fiasco. Of course they will both probably walk away with huge severance packages but it is quite good to see that teflon is only thinly spread in the G4S boardroom

Last edited: Sep 27, 2012
  5. Blackrat

Blackrat War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Duty rumour is that the military was brought in because a huge terrorist threat was expected. To prevent Joe Public from panicking like Billy Ocean at a KKK gig, G4S took the can by stating they didn't recruit enough people. To be honest, a 10,000 shortfall would mean that whoever did the maths was a complete mong. Not saying i believe it, just punting the rumour out there. Any thoughts?
  6. wal

wal Badgeman

What about that twat Nick Buckles?
  7. Nice bit of smoke and mirrors stuff but a load of bollocks - there was always an expectation of a terrorist threat, which is why the security aspect was taken so seriously from the start and why G4S (in consultation with LOCOG and HMG) took the view that 10,000 security personnel was what was required to augment already planned uplifts in allocated police and military. The problem with G4S was exactly that, a problem with G4S!
  8. Nick Buckles has dodged the bullet by sacrificing his two sidekicks. From a shareholder point of view Buckles is someone who they cannot afford to lose. He has returned annualised shareholder returns of 14% since 2004 - voting him out would be a bit like turkeys voting for Christmas
  9. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

The numbers are interesting, did anyone see any advertising for G4 Security personnel? I didn't see anything in this area. Throughout the country there are large numbers of retired Police and Service people, no effort seems to have been made to contact them, could it be that they would have wanted a reasonable wage rather than that being offerred?

A mate of mine went into the Job Centre at Weymouth and was asked by a uniformed G5 person if he was looking for work but that seems to have been the extent of the recruiting drive in Dorset.
  10. Ha - Job Centre Weymouth!!! Thats a laugh!!!!!

I got a bollocking for calling them the 'Department of UNEmployment' years back!!! They started patting themselves on the back when I asked for a P45 as I had found myself a job. You've done f*ck all I told them. They are a waste of space!

Rant ends!!!
  11. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

12. Inside gen - they jumped because they were offered a better handshake than if they resisted

Plus the usual Non-disclosure clause to protect others who have "blood on their hands"
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2012
    • Like Like x 3
  13. sgtpepperband

14. See what you mean, quotes about them in breach of the Geneva Convention and all sorts.

They certainly are either self destructing or seriously pushing the boundaries!!!!
  15. sgtpepperband

Or, given the number of Government contracts they have been awarded internationally, G4S think they're "Teflon" and that they have an official endorsement to do what the hell they like. Surely they are not naïve enough to not realise that, if the work was entirely 'lawful and justified', the Governments would do it themselves? Have G4S not heard of 'plausible denial'? :shock:
  16. Honestly? Mate was bronze commander for Portland and heard nothing of the like in int briefings.