Let conversion for lmem l submariner

Discussion in 'Submariners' started by GIBBO1374, Dec 5, 2013.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi I have been contacted today by draughty today, saying that I have to go on an Let conversion course, is this now compulsory, as I am not happy about it. I am Ops qualified, B13 Killock stoker. Can they make me do this course, I have served over fifteen years. They say they have know draughts for me, is this true.

2. Do you mean "no drafts & killick?"

Posted from the Navy Net mobile app (Android / iOS)

Last edited: Dec 5, 2013
  3. wal

wal Badgeman

As an ex kilick stoker; I'm some what concerned by the use of the English . Mayhap he is in some distress.

• Like Like x 1
  4. exJenny

exJenny War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Maybe he meant pillock?

Just the thoughts of a blonde ex wren

• Like Like x 1
  5. If it's draughty, close the window. Then calm down and see your DO.

• Like Like x 2
  6. I imagine the plan is to get rid of the dead wood...before the next engineering re-invention, so you either do the course or...leave? maybe? Presumably, with only 15 years under your belt, you've got a few good years left yet, it might also help in them offering you more years if you are decimal coinage so to speak rather than pounds, shillings and pence.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2013
  7. Whats the great issue with doing the course? If you think your better than an LET this is not going to make you worse. Bit of inboard time and chance of promotion in the future, I fail to see why you wouldn't want to do it.

• Like Like x 1
  8. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Don't mention it... :thumbleft:

• Like Like x 1