Legality of sleeping in car after getting trollied

Discussion in 'The Gash Barge' started by Zoidberg, Sep 3, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Is it legal? we're off out tonight and want to sleep in my mate's car. :?
  2. Ive woken up in an unlocked car, not remembering how i got in it, or how i got there!

Just dont park up in a local dogging spot, no one needs to wash that off your windscreen...
  3. Well the answer to that pal is whether you'll still have alcohol in your system.

Knew a dude at my work that got lashed at some family do, drove back on the morro, coincidentally stopped by 5-0, breathlysed and well over the limit.

What happened next? Clamped car, into handy cuffs and put through the courts.

But hey, what's the chances? right?
  4. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

Maybe the police will join in your dogging session and give you an intimate search. :roll:
  5. We'll just make sure Arron doesn't get pissed then. Funnily enough, we're talking about tonight this is what happened last time:
  6. Is your missus a copper in York then? 8O
  7. witsend

Why not have him drive home then if hes staying sober. :roll: FFS FO DIM!!!!!!!
  8. I think its somthing to do with if you have the car keys on your person when in your car,no car keys no problem,i think
  9. He doesn't know yet.
  10. If you are in the car and drunk, you could be charged with being drunk in charge of a motor vehicle. However, if you are asleep and the keys are in the boot, you could explain that you had no intention of driving the vehicle and were merely sleeping.

It depends on if the police officer believes your story and if you can pass the "attitude" test. My oppo was asleep in the back of his estate car, keys tucked up the exhaust pipe, shitfaced on Southsea Common, he got charged wirth drunk in charge, got 10 points on his licence but wasn't banned.

Probably ain't worth the risk !
  11. Agree.. Pompey Fuzz would do you for wearing a loud shirt in a built up area, with or without keys :wink:
  12. If the car keys are in the boot, of the car, its not negotiable, its drunk in charge.
    This is based on the fact you are p*ssed and not responsible enough to be certain to leave them there.
    And a foot note, the car does not have to have wheels on for the offence to stand. :wink:
  13. most defo the fuzz will gladly give u a free nights accomodation in 1 of there lovely rooms. If u r caught even opening a car door whilst "in an unfit state" you can be done.
    Best bet, get a 29.99 holiday inn special then sneak ur mates in later...everyones a winner....except the fuzz which is always good
  14. witsend

With any luck, Dim has been chucked out of the club and is hanging around in the rain waiting for his oppo's. Please let there be a god. :meditate:
  15. We could have bribed Stirling to go round and take him out......sorry I did mean home. :roll: :wink:
  16. witsend

He would have done it for free, no doubt. 8O
  17. Funnily enough I did get chucked out of somewhere, couldn't contact my mates, waited an hour talking to some lass then went somewhere else and got chucked out for fighting. Feeling rough as fuck now.
  18. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

They let you out at night? :?

Surely the coach just takes you back to the care home... 8O
  19. Very witty
  20. I liked it, me Tim