Legal can of wriggly worms

Discussion in 'The Gash Barge' started by thingy, Aug 24, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is bringing an action against the BNP alledging that is membership criteria are racist. Given the BNPs growing use of the Bible to try to legitimise its repulsive ideology, what would happen it the BNP were to justify its discrimination by calling itself a Christian Party (the British National Christian Party perhaps) and citing Leviticus 25:44-46 as the basis of their political faith?

Under the current government, people have a right to manifest their religious beliefs and to discriminate where a majority of their members hold sincere and strong views on a specific topic. Does this not allow the BNP to argue that they can choose who can and cannot be a member of their organisation? They could use Lev.25:44-46 to argue that non-caucasians are not their kin and thereby exclude them.
  2. We live in interesting times THINGY..

Will the Black police officers group be looked at too, as well as the Lesbian and Gay sections of Trades unions?

I look forward to the outcome
  3. How would that work?

"But in respect to your countrymen, the sons of Israel, you shall not rule with severity over one another."

I don't think the BNP would go so far as to call Jews their countrymen.
  4. Does the QRRNS BR say anything about it. I believe that Sgt. P is the authority.