Discussion in 'RMR' started by TheRust, Nov 27, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Alright boys,

Ive heard some dreadful stories about Leek from some of the lads in my Unit. Also, one of the training team said the numbers in our troop will drop massively after the exercise. With leek coming up after christmas i was just wondering is this true... is leek one of the worst ex's ill we'll be goin on?
    Just bring it! :thumright:
  2. Ah! Anzio Camp. My 1970s vintage memories, in light blue, are no good to you, though.
  3. any proper up-to-date answers would be good.... hehe! :thumright:
  4. Leek - Hugh sharp intake of breath
  5. ooo not good!!! Nearly as bad as a brisk walk across the Elan valley in winter. ahh moonscape!!
  6. Leek or Anzio Camp has been sold off for redevelopement according to my local rag.
    Leek is my patch and the surrounding area as well,you cant beat a nice walk on the moors.

Its a doddle,falling off the Roaches is an added bonus.
  7. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

Crack on Marine, no one said it would be easy. :thumright:
  8. Leek, more like eek! What is it your 2nd Ex, I'd be worrying about the last one where you have to use all the knowledge you've gained throughout your training, rather than sweating about every thing that pops up!
    Although you probably won't enjoy it, that's why you get paid, soak up all the knowledge/skills that you can. Any pain is just an added bonus the Corps chucks in for free.
    And one for the Queen, Arms benda....(Who else but PTIs add an extra vowel to the end of verbs?)
  9. wet_blobby

And one for the Queen, Arms benda....(Who else but PTIs add an extra vowel to the end of verbs?)

quote NZB

If I may be so bold as to refresh you.... "squaaaaaad, squaaaad, leftaaaa. turnaaaa.."

No prizes for guessing who.. :salut:
  10. Ah yes, the men with the varnished magically splitting stick with the brass bits on the end thingy, good for marking X's in nods AP boots toecaps because the polish job wasn't up to standard in week 2!! CNUTS.
  11. Not that I bear a grudge mind!
  12. wet_blobby

DLs are in a little Corps bubble of thier own, love 'em........... :notworthy:

honest :pale:
  13. Alright NZB mate, its our 5th field ex in Leek. One of the lads in our troop is a week 21 nod, he is a muppet for leaving the regs, but he's got a habit of going over the top eg: 'Bottom field is the most hardest thing you will ever do, it is impossible, i dont know how people pass it... blah blah blah' - He really does go over the top. I was just wondering if he was doing the same with Leek. Without a doubt, i know i will pass Leek, im looking forward to finding out if its as hard as people say it is.....
    P.s, im not blowing my own trumpet, im just being confident :thumright:
  14. Firstly this bloke is Mr negative mate. The bottom field is passable because myself, NZB, Bergen (with .303 and large pack) :thumright: the honourable blobbs and thousands of others have done so. You have to ask yourself why this guy biffed out in week 21 and in turn has to try to lord it over you. Leek is no worse than any other training area and it sounds like you have enough common sense to realise that you do the exercise the best you can and avoid getting injured. Point to note that if your a climber like myself then there are numerous fantastic crags in this area such as the Roaches, Ramshaw rocks, Hen cloud and my all time fave castle naze. :thumright:

My second bold. Having the confidence to state that you will pass this exercise is what Royal is looking for mate, fear of the unknown is natural but my compliments in the way you are approaching this.

Nutty at Castle naze a few years ago.
  15. Cheers for the compliment nutty he isnt holding it above me, i suppose he's just giving me a heads up over exagerrating how hard it is lol, ill let him know that he's been called a biff, the lads in our unit will be buzzing theyre heads off!! hahah!!!
  16. hello, im the week 21 biff, nutty bag you have just been a part of an attempet by rust to "get to me" after that horrible incident in the locker room ( i batterd him) lmao :thumright: .
    rust you idiot i never said any of that lol, ive never been to leek befor and i never said that about bottom field, i told you it was harder than the phys we were currently doing, if it was impossible then there wouldent be anybody with a green lid would there, nobber hahaha
  17. o and rust i will remember this the next time you leave you beret at home and im the one that bails you out. there will be a round two next tuesday lmao
  18. hahaha, yeah right, ill drop you like a hot potatoe mate. hahaha!! Im sure you've said that leek is 'Super duper hard' ect ect, and J'adore will back me up on what you been sayin about bottom field..... week 21 biff... hahahah!! :thumright:
  19. no, ive never been to leek ever, i dont know if its bad or not as I HAVE NEVER BEEN. and i told you bottom field was hard because it is, if it was all easy then everyone would have a green lid. now shut up befor i get rob or treasure to gang up on you and bag you off in the corner next tuesday
  20. It appears that you homos have dragged me into your girly little cat fight!! Sabbo, fair one if you bailed Rusty out prior to an inspection, alot of pain and anguish saved there!! Rusty, wind yer neck in lofty and drop and give me 50.

******* nods!!!

:thumright: :thumright: :dwarf: