LEEDS DET

Discussion in 'RMR' started by MOOSE, Jan 26, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. i have it on good authority that the Leeds Detachment RMR is now up and running. They train Thursdays and after a local advertising campaign have come up with about 12 ex regulars to form the core of the detachment.
    HQ is based in Newcastle ( so plenty of oppertunity for good runs ashore!!)
    They are on the lookout for a few good men!

2. The RMR were in on Thursday evening and looked to have a good class full.

They drill at Carlton Barracks, Carlton Gate, Leeds, LS78HE. Every Thursday evening from 19.30 to 21.30.

I'm from Ceres Division RNR. Looking forward to working with you fellas.

3. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

why dont you post there car reg numbers as well?

4. Why don't you hang around outside our gate with a notebook and find out? Or stick to your local railway station and get loco numbers :???:

5. wet_blobby

fine, if you want everyone to know where you are and at what time then thats your shout

6. If I was from a nasty organisation I would be saying thank you for the above info and you well may see me hanging around the above address on a Thursday evening collecting car reg numbers. I might even follow you home and having found your address leave you wondering why the parcel you received from foreign part smells of almonds and has wires hanging out of it.

I think wet blobby was offering advice in an obtuse way.

Pol

7. wet_blobby

thank you pol, you have a better way with words than me.

8. Given that Ceres Division have their own website, with the full address of the unit and the drill night details then the information is in the public domain.

The site doesn't include the RMR det yet, but given the rest of the information on there I don't see it as being unlikely.

And the nature of recruiting means that the information is probably public domain anyway in a fair amount of the local media and press.

That said, giving the strength probably isn't the wisest move.

9. Is that marzipan i can smell?? :lol:

10. Despite the well-meant rants good luck with the RMR

11. Come on fella's, be realistic. Even the Royal Navy website has the name, address, telephone numbers, email address, drill days and times of the RNR units. I'm sure the RMR websites have the same.

Do you think they vet every potential recruit before they tell them where they are and when they'll be there??

That would really work wouldn't it. After completing the medical, fitness test, aptitude test, interview and waiting six months for your security clearance to come through they finally tell you the details of the unit and you realise you cant make it cos thats the evening you go salsa dancing!!!

12. I think there is a difficult balance to find between attracting the right people ie no walts and publicising the opening of a new detachment.
    My inital post was intended to do no more than prehaps stimulate some interest , after all i think its been some 15 years or so since the last new RMR Det opened ( Birmingham i think )
    Any one with an ounce of common dog who was interested would i trust make their own enquires with the relavent agencies.

13. Gents

Obviously PERSEC is extremely important, particularly with the ongoing terrorist threat to the UK, however lets not blow this thread out of proportion.

Most TA units train on a Tuesday/Wednesday between 1900 - 2100 and most RMR units train on a Wednesday or Thursday between 1900 - 2100. As for the unit address, this is easily found out from AFCO, the RM Website and probably the local directory too.

Whilst giving away time, date and locations for training is a BIG no no, I feel for drill nights within the confines of the unit this doesn't apply, as the details are already common knowledge and/or are easily attainable.
    Perhaps more security precautions should be put into practise by the individuals attending the unit? I remember when PIRA planted an IED within a right angled army torch several years ago at a TA centre - After a cadet was severely injured by the device, the lads in that unit (and the other Companies within the Battalion) were told to carry out under car checks and anti-surveillance drills when driving to and leaving the unit.

Spenny

14. Thank gawd for common sense!

15. Or they may even look on here!!!

16. Some threads on this forum never cease to amuse me.

K