Leaving Policy

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by andy198712, Jan 22, 2012.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. i've seen a view variations on the leaving policy,

day one of training, you sign on for 28 days, and then after that, for the duration of your training you can leave when ever with you 4 week notice, then once your on placement with a squadron its 4 years?

Just asking for my interview... cheers :)
  2. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

You've not even joined up yet and you're worrying about this?! :shock:
  3. Lol nah not like that, I was told to know the policy for my interview quesions :)
  4. Once you sign on you are there for 28 days, excluding leave periods. On completion of your 28 days you can then claim discharge by Premature Voluntary Release (PVR). The PVR window is open until 6 months after you join. PVR can take up to two weeks to administer and you would have to pay your own way home. If you decide to not take your PVR option then you will serve a minimum time as dictated by the branch you have joined. Once you have served that minimum time then you can apply to your Commanding Officer for discharge by submitting twelve months notice.
  5. Cheers mate your a star!
  6. Not quite - you can put your notice in so as to leave the RN on the day (or day after to be precise) your return of service finishes.

7. 'on placement with a squadron'. I might have been out the loop for a wee while but WTF is that all about?
    • Like Like x 1
  8. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Judging by previous posts, the OP seems to be worrying a little too much about things... :oops:
  9. I think that's civvy speak for "been drafted to"
  10. Not direct entry SF then? :)
  11. easy to say when your in, alot rides on an interview for me tbh. kinda hard to find the info....after tuesday i'll be better lol
  12. AFCO man "And what, young thruster, is the leaving policy"
    YT "On me fcukin' toes, yer anchor faced twat!"
    Should do the trick.
  13. :) might raise an eye brow
  14. More likely to raise a leg the foot of which will deposit itself firmly up your rectum.
  15. i pretty mucn made a word for word quote in my interview of the correct leaving policy and it did the job :)
  16. ===================================================

As you've cracked your Interview(BZ BTW) its too late for you now Andy, but anyone asked about the RN's 'leaving policy' should realistically include the caveat:

"...oh - and I'll also leave whenever I'm told to, sir.:salut:"

ie Geddes axe, Options for Change, SDSR, any other Mod redundancy whims, SNLR, DD, :evil3: etc, etc, ad finitum.
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2012