Leaving in 2 days and i'm flucking ill!

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by willmuse, Nov 2, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Problem:( I'm leaving in two days for Raleigh and i'm bloody ill. I've been sick a few times but i just have generally ill feeling. What happens if i'm ill on the day? I mean I don't want to sound like a winge but you know... will they send me home if i'm ill?
  2. Levers_Aligned

Levers_Aligned War Hero Moderator

No. You'll be taken away, beasted and then shot. Then they'll call you a ****, and backclass you. In your stood over weeks, you'll have to double round the parade ground, FOREVER. NAKED. Then the class you join will be already rebriefed that you are a non-hacker and will laugh at you and shun you throughout. If you get to the passing out parade, you will have to march BEHIND your class in a green-bean suit and stand right at the back of the bottom playing field with an ear-trumpet so you can come to attention and at ease with the rest. On your leaving run, you'll be duty.

The Royal Navy is an equal opportunities employer.

3. Bless!

I'm sure it's just apprehension. Best of luck willmuse. Enjoy yourself.
  4. Depends on what you think's wrong with you. If it's just a touch of man-flu just crack on and go. It's that time of year where people are generally picking up colds anyway. Once you get to Raleigh you'll get checked out by the doc and if they find anything to be concerned about they'll decide what to do. If you decide to just not pitch up at such short notice you might find that they won't be too chuffed if you want to join at a later date.
  5. Take two aspirin and see the MA in the morning, alternately get a grip!
  6. You will forget your ill when you go through the raleigh gates unless your literally hanging out of your arse!

youll be fine the first couple of days are easy you wont have to so any physical so take it easy matey!
  7. Don't take Levers too literally. That only happens to you in your first four weeks. :twisted: Oh how the lady matelots will love you!
  8. Willmuse,

Relax, unless it's something major apart from a cold, cough etc (inc man flu), you will be fine. Some of it may be a combination of the time of the year, the anxiety of joining up etc all building up. Just get your head down, do your best and give it your best at Raleigh, that's all that can be asked after all.
    yep, they'll shout, they'll bawl, just give it your ALL.
  9. :pukel: I feel your pain

Ha Ha :money:

Take Mummy with you

Clown :bball: Sorry willmuse only joking.

I'm not a medical man, but I think you are suffering from nerves.

It wont last. Get stuck in ,enjoy and good luck. :thumright:
  10. Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask.

My name is FRANK I am 50 yrs old my mummy and daddy dropped me off at

the main gate near Ganges 1974, They never came back!!!

People think Maddie has a problem!!!!!
  11. yeh I feel for you...Ive got an ear infection but i've been given the go ahead to get to RAF Halton (plz dnt slate decision to join them) but with being still really soar uve just get on with things as people have said in the past your first few days you will be dealing with the admin paperwork etc.
  12. Levers_Aligned

Levers_Aligned War Hero Moderator

'Plz'? 'dnt'? 'soar'? 'uve'?

R u iz laike, 1 o dem peeps dat talk in da faik west indian accent laike?

I trust you'll be filling out all of your 'admin paperwork' in txtspk patois, huh?

Good luck.

Levers *shakes head*
  13. Brother is that you??????
  14. Depends Rod. Do I owe you money or a sub?
  16. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Hmmn, perhaps asking such a question as the pubs shut was not particularly conducive to receiving a sympathetic response. Just be grateful someone didn't bring you a half eaten donner kebab to "make you feel better".

The criteria is whether you are fit enough to travel, not fit to work. If you are genuinely unfit to travel, then contact the MOD telephone exchange, and ask to speak to HMS Raleigh, Officer of the Day. Notify him/her of your inability to travel and forward a medical note from your Doctor which clearly indicates you cannot travel, by fax. You must then notify your AFCO first thing monday morning (ie: 08:30). You will then be withdrawn from this particular entry date. You must then be passed fit to enter service by the Medical Officer before another entry date can be allocated. Simple, eh?

You will find there are full medical facilities at HMS Raleigh, completely able to treat your ailment, should you suddenly feel better enough to travel and join as originally planned.

Good luck & get well soon!
  17. Order and consume 1 chicken vindaloo, and wash down with 8 pints of beer/lager (of your choice). Finish treatment with a large tot. Sorted!
  18. You'll be okay man don't worry,just chill a bit, relax, get a good night's sleep and try not to be nervous ^__^ see you tomorrow ;p
  19. Sounds a bit like nerves mate, so just chill out.

You are about to start one of the best parts of your life, look forward to it.

But the vindaloo/beer suggestion is a good one too, plus, you'll spend all that time in the shit-house on the train down, no worries (just a stingy ring).

All the best and being the best. Sorry made this statement without realising what trade you are joining, you ARE becoming a Writer aren't you?
  20. My not even the first day and we think we are a doctor now do we.

Could be that bug I caught on that Dublin flight matey left on board by that lot from Spain. Go ask the chemist for a bottle doctors are a waste of space. Are you on speaking terms with the local vet much betterer.