Leaving do............

Discussion in 'Site Issues' started by higthepig, Oct 4, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I am always told to put my concerns in here by the Moderators.
    Being of sound mind, it is time to leave and i will give you my reasons.
    I have been a memember of RR for quite some time, i have suported this site both financially ( My choice) and by trying to inject a touch of humour here and there. But of late it appears that things are going wrong, ( to me anyway)
    The front page is becoming bland, the posters who used to inject a lot of stuff, both humerous and serious don`t appear to be posting anymore, the membership is huge, but very few post, there must be reasons for that.
    I am quite aware that It`s the CO`s train set, and that they do their best, and although the CO`s do have the final say in Moderators they are obviously advised by others, anyone who does`nt believe that really needs all sharp instruments and shoelaces taken away from them.. I firmly believe that in the case of AAC (yes he left of his own accord) was hounded out, he had no option, yes he was an open Poof but he was our Poof, apart from pushing things a bit, he posted some very intelligent stuff as well. We have another Gay member who in his own words would not hesitate to call in the police, frankly like Uncle Albert, that scares me. The PC world is winning, and this is an unofficial site
    The Newbies, really, why is there not a big Poster, saying ASK YOUR RECRUITING OFFICE this is not an Official site to ask these things. Either Newbies are thicker than we think or the Recruiters are not doing their job.

Now to the Moderators, Dear Brazen, left because it was not for her, then comes back as a Mod full of herself.
    Dear Jenny, i heard a whisper that she was pregnant, can that be true?
    Silver Fox the only one to move stuff from Diamond Lil`s whats that about FFS? When i suggested something along those lines last year, The Dockyard Canteen, i was derided by all, yet there it is.
    Deeps,comes out with a viscious post then when asked to back it up with facts is unable to do so, not a cheep from the rest of the Mods.
    And now the laid back, gentle unassuming , calm and collected, friend to all SEADOG.
    I have warned everyone on this site DO NOT PM me, i will post it, if you cannot say it in the open then say nothing.
    Let me set the scene
    Seadog posted
    I posted a reply
    Seadog posted a reply
    I posted a reply
    Now posts get deleted i am aware of that, sometimes for no reason
    But if posts were deleted and the first post was altered, tell me, is that moderation or censorship?
    It would`nt happen on here would it? Read and understand what i have highlighted, PM from Seadog

There is no point, you will NEVER answer any of the things that i ask you,

Why on Earth would I answer a complaint you make to the COs?

The reasons I deleted your post are given. Mine was altered because there was more to say and a better way of saying it. Remember, it isn't just for your benefit.
    Hig, tell it to the COs. They own the site. Complain to them. Tell them I don't answer your questions and you are insulted. In fact I'm sick of spoon feeding you answers to your bone questions with links and context etc. only for you to ask why again and again. I can only assume that you are second only to norman in the championship league of dense and ignorant.

Complain to the COs.

admin @ rumration.co.uk

Seadog
    All he ever says is complain to the CO`s because he WILL NOT answer what was aked, if anyone can remember the Gang of Four, or who could be arsed to look, It`s all there.

So there you have it. i will delete my account, if i am not able to then perhaps one of the CO`s could do it for me.
    I have enjoyed myself on this site at times, i hope that i have entertained a little at times, unlike Brazen Hussy (Unless I`m offered a Modship,) I will not return.

Now let the slinging match begin, but remember folks, as my old granny used to say," who gives a fcuk".

2. oi ya old git, stay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. Au Revoir Hig.

I always found your posts and threads interesting; if you don't come back, I hope all goes well.

TD

4. Sad to see you go, Hig - maybe you could get young Hig to carry on your good work. I agree with a lot of what you say - the Newbies grip my shit, too - although keen for info, this ain't an official site!! How many, when they arrive at Raleigh, will quote RR as the source of their 'misunderstanding' of official joining instructions? It's only a matter of time...

Censorship / moderation is also becoming a concern of mine, and as for the 'pc' brigade - if you can't take a joke, you shouldn't have joined up. Oh, by the way, since when is it unacceptable for a matelot to tell / post / invent sick jokes? (I refer to the joke in Diamond Lils about the Aberfan (?) school choir - http://www.rumration.co.uk/cpgn2/Jokes/jid=875/cid=4/sortby=time/ad=desc.html) yes, a bit sick, but it's in Blue Jokes on a Forces webite FFS!!! All those ******* nobbers who slated the contributor of the said joke should have a word with themselves.

As for the reduction in new posts, Hig, I attribute it mainly to the points you raised - PC fags, 'bullying' of individuals (2 points not remotely related, if you think about it), and the 'dumbing down' in general of the site. I shall continue to read RR with interest (or not, some days) but as you may have noticed I rarely even comment.
    Adieu, au revoir, ciao, bye. I'll miss the acerbic wit, if nothing else.
    Regards, Kurtz

5. Farewell Hig,
    I for one have always found your humour 'top line'.
    Good luck for the future.

6. you sanctimonious old git!!
    I am not full off my self- nor did I come back as a MOD- you have a problem with me- you always have- dont know why- nor do I care!
    I have nothing more to say on the matter- but dont use me as an excuse- if this site does not appeal fine- but dont use your attitude and focus it on me...
    its the old farts on here that have feck all to do than moan whinge and gripe that drag it down!
    go on -- bite- i know you will-- but like you always say - "if you dont the poster- dont read it"

wont be two faced and say i'll miss you - cos i wont.

7. Oh my Gawd not another one the place will be full of Chiefs soon and no Indians!!

8. See you on the Dark side Higs.
    Wafus rule.

9. chieftiff

chieftiff War Hero Moderator

I'm sorry you feel that way Hig, I will (genuinely) miss your input, you do make me chuckle....................................... and groan but that's what it's all about, I expect you feel the same (more groan?)

Look after yourself and come back anytime.

10. Hig, that post was the best thing you said in ages. I for one shall miss your antagonistic attitude! In fact my first post claimed your wrath and helped me pass a couple of shifts in the Ops room.

Take care you old ******!!

11. Sad to see you leave Hig. See you again on the dark side>

Quote Brazen "you sanctimonious old git!!
    I am not full off my self- nor did I come back as a MOD- you have a problem with me- you always have- dont know why- nor do I care!
    I have nothing more to say on the matter- but dont use me as an excuse- if this site does not appeal fine- but dont use your attitude and focus it on me...
    its the old farts on here that have feck all to do than moan whinge and gripe that drag it down!
    go on -- bite- i know you will-- but like you always say - "if you dont the poster- dont read it"

wont be two faced and say i'll miss you - cos i wont. "

Opps! Was there any need for that? If the cap fits

12. Take it easy Hig , keep giving the French girls one wont you , :thumright:

13. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

1. Hig, we may be related fella.

2. Couldn't agree more:

WHY isn't the official site answering these questions?

We all have different reasons for visiting this site. My reason for visiting the site is because the official sites are not interactive, they're contracted out, difficult to use navigation-wise & often out of date, however since I've enjoyed my time in the mob, it's my payback time to those that follow - even if it's only to offer accurate, current advice. It's easy for those who hurl abuse or derision when benefiting hindsight & experience. Helping costs nothing.

There are some questions people do not wish to ask at an AFCO for fear of feeling foolish/embarrassed, as there's nowhere else, this is it. Many people fear walking into an AFCO, believe it or not.

The other aspect is that the Newbies forum may seem repetative to the casual observer, but for the original poster it isn't.

It'll be sad to see you go, as you certainly provoked reaction & lively debate. It's a pity you feel it necessary to deprive those that follow the positive benefit of your experience, however there comes a point when derision is nothing short of bullying and yet it would be so easy simply to give the Newbies forum a miss & contribute elsewhere on the site.

PS: "See" you next month when you continue to visit the site, despite all that's been said.

14. i rest my case................"its the old farts on here that have feck all to do than moan whinge and gripe that drag it down!"

christ---- if u want a pick on B_Z thread open one!!!!!!!!1

15. Hig its been a pleasure reading your posts

Fair winds

:nemo: :nemo:

16. Seems to me that without the old farts posting the site would have very little to offer.

17. You take care higs. I know I don't have much of an input but my pleasure comes from reading the posts, especially "yours" to name but one, aac another one, hounded out. As for the old farts remark, give me a ship load of them, anyday. ttfn.

18. Please do paint a better picture on ths?

Unfortunately 'the old n bold' can not really contribute towards 'up to date' advise to those who are wanting to serve, or who are serving. Yes the old fellas do put in a majority of dits, info and such but I do and will disagree withyour above statement.

Hig is going of his own accord, no one is forcing him and I am sure we will see our dear hig in the near future with his unique humour and postings. However..................................this site has a lot to offer, not just 'back in the day dits'.

AFCO's have a tendency not to answer certain 'every day life questions', like we'd want them too and the official sites are on a text book line. Maybe newies want that personal touch in a response, that can only be offered by those ona site like this, even if it gets boring.

19. B H we old gits don't all moan and groan its just a different way we say things,where as you sprogs can tell each about this modern navy. We can see how it was then andhow its changed.
    As for Hig I will leave it up to him what he does, everyone sees things differently and says how they see it, some for and some against.

20. By age, nope...........still a young pup here. You do understand when we use the term 'old and bold' it relates to those who serve back in the day aka ganges (they are are great lot btw)