Leaving at 12 yr point

Discussion in 'Finance & Pensions' started by LGunke, Oct 3, 2015.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I am hoping to leave the RN when I have completed 12 years service, in order to get the resettlement grant etc do I have to wait until I have served 12 years before handing my notice in or can I hand it in just over the 11 year point with a view to my tx date being after the 12 year point?? Thanks

2. Seadog

Seadog War Hero Moderator

You're not leaving to teach English and arithmetic, I can tell.

3. I have obviously offended you..but thanks for your reply

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  4. Seadog

Seadog War Hero Moderator

You haven't offended me, obviously or otherwise. 12 years service is 12 years service. I just think that your question is bone.

Paid service.

5. As long as you have completed 12yrs service from your 18th Birthday you will receive the 10k and all associated grants/resettlement . So therefore you can submit your notice after 11yrs and 1 day.

6. Thanks for your reply and I really appreciate the lack of sarcasm. Have a lovely day.

7. The reply from Digger 84 certainly puts my £1oo in the shade

8. It's a well known formula. x+y=12 where x is the start and y is the finish. If the sum is equal to 12 then it's good. :cool:

9. The formula should in fact be y - x = 12 where x is the start and y is the finish.

i.e. 2016 - 2004 = 12

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. This conversation reminded me of when I was in my last year of my own service. I'd pre-arranged myself a job in Civvy St. and I was telling the lads in the section that in 5 weeks time I was off to work abroad with a French company......

....then the Boss asked me to come into the office....
    - "Able seaman Graham, why are you telling everyone that you're leaving soon?"
    - "Because It's April Sir and I signed up in May and my times up next month". That's when I was told that my time started from when I was 18 years old and not from the day I joined up!

Doh!

:eek: