Leave entitlement - just how is this going to work

Discussion in 'Royal Naval Reserve (RNR)' started by McGrew, Dec 1, 2013.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Is anyone in the higher up echelons of the RNR aware of how the leave thing is going to work?

Future Reserves 2020 - says:
    In addition to the current annual leave awarded for time on deployment, reservists will earn approximately one day’s paid leave for every ten training days completed.

This additional entitlement will be
    applied retrospectively with effect from the leave year commencing 1 April 2013.

Does this means we are just going to get a days pay in March for every 10 days that we have done?
  2. If it's a day's paid leave, presumably you have to take it to get the pay; sit at home for a day, and get a neighbour to sign your payform :)
  3. I believe, but will check it out, that it is "paper leave" in that you will get paid an extra day for every "tenth" day you do, with the pensions, this is about a 15% increase in pay. Good drills. :)

4. I don't know if it helps but we got paid this in our January pay packet. My January pay slip has 24th/25th/26th Dec down as a working day.
  5. The intention is for units/JSUs to add up all days worked by each reservist, and then divide by ?8? Or whatever the formula for 1 days leave per ?8? Days worked it. Thus for a 24MTD year, we would get 3 days leave. This would then be laid in a job lot over a period when very few reserves are expected to be working (Xmas), but with a get out clause, to allow those who are working over Xmas to get "paid" at another time.
    Hope this helps
  6. Hi all,

I'm just wondering how leave works is it between January to January or April to April?
  7. Andy-m, it's the leave/financial year, so when your bounty comes through, so should your "leave pay"
  8. employment agencys do something similar,i think its to do with employee rights ,giving temporary and part time workers the same rights as full time workers
  9. Accrued leave is converted to pay and paid in the last pay packet of the Financial Year plus one month.

So you'll get MTD pay rate X accrued leave days paid into your account on 1 May.

10. Do you have to give six weeks notice?