Leave during phase 1 at Raleigh

Morning all

I have my start date as of 21st of October. I’m aware that this is 10 weeks, and is usually just an all out stretch, but this is going to take me into Christmas and New Year.
Will I get leave?
How long for if so?
And how would travel back home be paid for, out of pocket or paid for by RN? I live in Fife (East Scotland) so this would cost around about £450-£500 for a return ticket.

Thanks guys!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You will get 2 weeks leave which, without being sat by my wall planner, is 21 Dec 18 - 07 Jan 18.

As a Phase 1 recruit you’ll be taken to Plymouth train station Sat 22 Dec and given a open return ticket, to be back at Raleigh early evening at the latest on Sun 06 Jan.

You will get 2 weeks leave which, without being sat by my wall planner, is 21 Dec 18 - 07 Jan 18.

As a Phase 1 recruit you’ll be taken to Plymouth train station Sat 22 Dec and given a open return ticket, to be back at Raleigh early evening at the latest on Sun 06 Jan.
Cheers for the info mate!

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Cheers for the info mate
I always remember the witty reposte when I called a friendly Chief Gunnery Instructor "mate".

"Mate?" He bellowed. "MATE?!" It echoed around Raleigh parade ground, rattling the windows in the accommodation blocks.

"You'll be saying bollocks to the pope, next" He drew deep a breath. (Two marching paces, obvs).

"Squaaaaaaaad...High-port, arms" His voice raised an octave on the word 'arms'. "Double, March"

How we laughed. Not ;)

I always remember the witty reposte when I called a friendly Chief Gunnery Instructor "mate".

"Mate?" He bellowed. "MATE?!" It echoed around Raleigh parade ground, rattling the windows in the accommodation blocks.

"You'll be saying bollocks to the pope, next" He drew deep a breath. (Two marching paces, obvs).

"Squaaaaaaaad...High-port, arms" His voice raised an octave on the word 'arms'. "Double, March"

How we laughed. Not ;)
I’m so looking forward to my **** ups down there hahaha!

The only problem with new entries being allowed leave is that they forget what they have been taught and it then takes time to retrain them :)

The only problem with new entries being allowed leave is that they forget what they have been taught and it then takes time to retrain them :)
Yeah mate, I get what you mean. Plan is to keep the phys up and enjoy some time at home. Hopefully lean towards increasing the good ol morale.