Learning From History (Why STOVL not CTOL on CVF)

Purple_twiglet

War Hero
Good point WD - comparing GR4 - Typhoon is akin to comparing Tornado to a 1944 model Typhoon in terms of time passed since entry to service. The two are utterly different platforms.

Jack Sparrow

Lantern Swinger
Rather old navy talk on here I see? We had a nuclear sub down there with, I believe, conventionally tipped missiles? We should have threatened to sink their whole navy, in harbour, unless they withdrew from the Falklands. No big lumbering target, no threat to many British lives, no problem.

Rather old navy talk on here I see? We had a nuclear sub down there with, I believe, conventionally tipped missiles? We should have threatened to sink their whole navy, in harbour, unless they withdrew from the Falklands. No big lumbering target, no threat to many British lives, no problem.
If memory serves, we had five nuclear boats and one conventional boat down there, all conventionally armed with Mk 8 and Tigerfish torpedoes.

Purple_twiglet

War Hero
We had no tlam capa ility, we did not know where their navy was eother. Read silent deep and it will show how little we knew about mich of the Argentine fleet during this period.