Learning Credits

Zoidberg

War Hero
The BIG differences between being awarde a degree/HNC in the R.N as compared with a Univesity are.
1. No big loan to repay
2. The RN do not give out Mickey Mouse degree/HNC qualifications.
Well, the above was just an opinion.

But you are correct.

Maxpowers

Lantern Swinger
When can you start using learning credits?
Im joining in a few months as an AET . 16 year old me was more interested in landrovers and subarus than passing Maths and English , 21 year old me would like to smack my younger self in the balls and tell him to stop being a tit , still im heading in the direction I dreamt of regardless but I want to sort it out as I find it embarrassing having to explain I failed Maths and English .... quickly followed by....but, but I passed science and engineering and I’ve done functional skills M&E Im not a mongoloid honest :D.... plus I think im gonna need them for just about everything I think .

slim

War Hero
When can you start using learning credits?
Im joining in a few months as an AET . 16 year old me was more interested in landrovers and subarus than passing Maths and English , 21 year old me would like to smack my younger self in the balls and tell him to stop being a tit , still im heading in the direction I dreamt of regardless but I want to sort it out as I find it embarrassing having to explain I failed Maths and English .... quickly followed by....but, but I passed science and engineering and I’ve done functional skills M&E Im not a mongoloid honest :D.... plus I think im gonna need them for just about everything I think .
Have you got a driving licence?
This site has reported that your learning credits can be utilised to gain your licence?

Brilliant!

Maxpowers

Lantern Swinger
Have you got a driving licence?
This site has reported that your learning credits can be utilised to gain your licence?

Brilliant!
Im sure my dad got his via service credits or some version of it back in 80’s (crabs),but I got one those four years ago , I wonder If I could upgrade my bike licence with it? Im a villager so its my lifeline , although I could of got away with a horse and one of those three pointed hats round here !

Last edited:

Ballistic

War Hero
Sultan, lived in Cornwall, how I used to love that coast road on a Friday afternoon, especially before they built the M27 :oops::rolleyes:
It was always amusing to imagine, (on the A35), crossing paths with your opposite number:
Guzz rating travelling from Pompey, Pompey rating travelling from Guzz... :D

Sumo

War Hero
It was always amusing to imagine, (on the A35), crossing paths with your opposite number:
No chance those working in Guzz would have had a Friday M&M, no such luck training in Pompey :mad:

WreckerL

War Hero
Just like Westbury station waiting for the train, looking at each other across the platform :)

janner

MIA
Book Reviewer
Probably the highest change over was during the '60's anything up to 10 Southdown coaches meeting up at the Cafe Royal Bridport, loaded with Matelots, half going to Guzz the other half going to Pompey.

Taztiff

War Hero
Every chance.
Plenty of Friday afternoon firings at Cambridge.
That's because the Guzz based staff kept calling foul range and delaying completion of the shoot.
Us WE's were quite happy to get it all done and let the Pompy gits go home early. :D

(You are going to mention post firing checks now, arent you? We just turned off BFCT and locked the door!)

Dusty70

Lantern Swinger
Portland Squadron (Exmouth) girlfriend lived in Wyke Regis

Weekdays warring in Portland - weekends in Pompey - would they let me stay in Portland, of course not, let's piss him off as much as possible

Friday sail to Pompey, immediately get train back to Portland, Sunday night - other way around - brain dead the lot of em..............................ggggrrrr

Ballistic

War Hero
(You are going to mention post firing checks now, arent you? We just turned off BFCT and locked the door!)
Who? Me? I wouldn't dream of it ;)
It didn't bother me too much as a VM 'cos I spent most of my weekends in and out of the Mussel Inn :p
I did my best to get as many of my lads as possible away early though if they were travelling. It didn't work out too bad.