Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Leading hand of the mess responsibilities?

crash_evans

War Hero
Boarding party sucked ass as well. Seemed like a good idea the time. Me and a few other piss cans thought it would be ace jumping out of choppers etc. Get out the ops room and all that.
Fucked about in HMS Cambridge doing the training etc. Then at sea... as @crash_evans said, it was utter utter ****.

This. In hoofing amount of spades. Was boarding party for Telic 1. Chasing dhow’s for 12 hours, I’d rather guide my Dad into my Mum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alfacharlie

War Hero
This. In hoofing amount of spades. Was boarding party for Telic 1. Chasing dhow’s for 12 hours, I’d rather guide my Dad into my Mum.

I just hated Cambridge. Too many shouty people.
I hope the OP is getting the picture. In other words, as @Waspie said, don’t volunteer for fcuk all. You’ll get stitched anyway, and if you do volunteer, the lads will think you’re a bellend.
Hope this helps.

Waspie

War Hero
Boarding party sucked ass as well. Seemed like a good idea the time. Me and a few other piss cans thought it would be ace jumping out of choppers etc. Get out the ops room and all that.
Fucked about in HMS Cambridge doing the training etc. Then at sea... as @crash_evans said, it was utter utter ****.
Boarding party great, from my viewpoint!!

Out rope, thumbs up, "stick gone". Go Left!!!!

crash_evans

War Hero
Boarding party great, from my viewpoint!!

Out rope, thumbs up, "stick gone". Go Left!!!!

Except when number 1 doesn’t quite go down as freely as he should and stacks it with Numbers 2/3/4 (I was 2) on top of him for a defence display day. I still remind him off this to this day.

We had to go back to practicing on the port bridge wing afterwards.

Alfacharlie

War Hero
Except when number 1 doesn’t quite go down as freely as he should and stacks it with Numbers 2/3/4 (I was 2) on top of him for a defence display day. I still remind him off this to this day.

I loved the flight deck camera! Ha

Waspie

War Hero

Bad drills from the dispatcher!!! Only three on the rope!!!
Obviously the dispatcher was an Observer!!!!!!
You'd have had a better service from an aircrewman!!!!!
(Always look after the troops - ya just never know who's cooking your dinner).

crash_evans

War Hero
Bad drills from the dispatcher!!! Only three on the rope!!!
Obviously the dispatcher was an Observer!!!!!!
You'd have had a better service from an aircrewman!!!!!
(Always look after the troops - ya just never know who's cooking your dinner).

The Chef had the clansman (number 3). The observer was in deep chefs puns. Thankfully Merlin have a crewie in the back dispatching.

crash_evans

War Hero
I haven’t even mentioned when the LHOM wanted to down hatch on the Brum. The JOSS came down after he heard the rumblings and took his hooks straight off him.

Waspie

War Hero
I still like to chuckle when the AC has some bants and they put phallic shaped clouds in the met brief.

#winning

You'd have to go a long way to beat one of my old Flight Cmdr's!!!
Failure in the comms shop meant no weather data.
Boss looks out of bridge windows then disappears for a while.
Appears just before briefing. As AC will testify, Time check then Met.
HC did time check and FC started his weather briefing with an apology for no digital weather. Then shakes a tin can and throws contents on bridge floor. (Wafu). Chicken bones spill out all over the place followed by a few moments pacing around the bones then gives a warm front blah blah blah!!! Speil!!!
We took off as planned!!!
PS, weather forecast was bang on. (Amazing when you look out the window!!!!)

Alfacharlie

War Hero
You'd have to go a long way to beat one of my old Flight Cmdr's!!!
Failure in the comms shop meant no weather data.
Boss looks out of bridge windows then disappears for a while.
Appears just before briefing. As AC will testify, Time check then Met.
HC did time check and FC started his weather briefing with an apology for no digital weather. Then shakes a tin can and throws contents on bridge floor. (Wafu). Chicken bones spill out all over the place followed by a few moments pacing around the bones then gives a warm front blah blah blah!!! Speil!!!
We took off as planned!!!
PS, weather forecast was bang on. (Amazing when you look out the window!!!!)
Yup. CAVOK.
Harry roughers!

Waspie

War Hero
I haven’t even mentioned when the LHOM wanted to down hatch on the Brum. The JOSS came down after he heard the rumblings and took his hooks straight off him.

My intro to the LHOM in 5D10, Albion. Big old flat thing!!!
Here's Pete J, killick of the grot.
There sat Pete, dodger dangling in a tiger can with one of Doc's mystical magic potions following a dose after a run ashore in Singa's.
Excellent bloke, took everything the world threw at him with a shrug.

crash_evans

War Hero
My intro to the LHOM in 5D10, Albion. Big old flat thing!!!
Here's Pete J, killick of the grot.
There sat Pete, dodger dangling in a tiger can with one of Doc's mystical magic potions following a dose after a run ashore in Singa's.
Excellent bloke, took everything the world threw at him with a shrug.

Similar dit on the Chatham where they made the new lads wake the LHOM up with a can of red death. Big black lad with a huge schlong. Sit back watch and enjoy.

I fear we maybe pushing this to Lil’s...

Alfacharlie

War Hero
Similar dit on the Chatham where they made the new lads wake the LHOM up with a can of red death. Big black lad with a huge schlong. Sit back watch and enjoy.

I fear we maybe pushing this to Lil’s...

I was on Chatham 03 - 05. I think we may know each other.

crash_evans

War Hero
I was on Chatham 03 - 05. I think we may know each other.

I fear we may know that chap involved. The Mrs was on there too. Thankfully I was her first dabber so I know you haven’t been through her.

No names no pack drill.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
W Leading Hand Supply Chain - Opening? RFA 6
L HMS Sultan AET Training/ Leading Hand Fast Track Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 20
J Promotion To leading hand Joining the Royal Navy 11
D Seamanship apprenticeship or Leading Hand Helicopter Controller? RFA 6
W LEADING HAND SUPPLY CHAIN (RFA) Or SEAMANSHIP APPRENTICE (RFA) ? RFA 4
N RFA Interview - Leading Hand Supply Chain Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
WelshJaffaCake RFA LEADING HAND SUPPLY CHAIN RFA 4
R How long from able rate to Leading hand Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 26
J leading hand question Current Affairs 68
D Leading hand course The Fleet Air Arm 2
brazenhussy Leading hand epaulettes The Gash Barge 9
MoD_RSS English sparkling wine leading global innovation MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Young people leading the charge on climate action MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Government sets out world-leading new measures to protect rainforests MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Sellafield Ltd: Still leading the conversation on the international stage MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Why we are backing our leading space scientists to clean up the cosmos MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Leading the charge on World EV Day! MoD News 0
MoD_RSS World-leading new law to protect rainforests and clean up supply chains MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Dowden: ‘Jump-start’ for UK’s leading creative industries MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK defence teams up with world leading UK space company to secure next generation of military communications MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Vital project work leading return to workplaces MoD News 0
soleil FB: "Video About The Royal Navy Photographic Branch, Created By Leading Photographer Dan Shepherd" #RNPhoto100 The Fleet 0
MoD_RSS PM call with UK’s leading manufacturers: 16 March 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS The Animal and Plant Health Agency receives £1.4 billion budget boost for world-leading Weybridge Laboratory MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Women leading the way in breaking down boundaries in science and innovation MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Leading UK security companies to visit Guatemala and explore opportunities MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Science Minister outlines the UK's world-leading role in EdTech MoD News 0
MoD_RSS London seminar: Leading her Majesty's Prison and Probation Service MoD News 0
soleil F35b Lightning Video By Leading Photographer Dan Shepherd The Fleet Air Arm 0
MoD_RSS Net Zero Review launched to support UK's world leading climate commitment MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Production starts on world-leading respirators for UK armed forces MoD News 0
MoD_RSS The UK has a vital role to play in leading the global fourth industrial revolution MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Leading the charge for the environment MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Nine-Leading UK Fintech Companies land in Australia MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Leading Canadian high-growth SMEs announced for FinTech Mission to the UK MoD News 0
MoD_RSS World-leading advances in aerospace: apply for funding MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Free schools leading the way with top primary school results MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Global Britain is leading the world as a force for good: article by Dominic Raab MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Navy seeks innovative ideas to drive world leading autonomy capability MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Education Secretary visits world-leading research centre MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Prime Minister hails ‘world-leading’ fusion research at Culham MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Home Secretary visits the police hubs leading Brexit preparations MoD News 0
L Leading Hands’ Board UPO/Careers Office 2
MoD_RSS Press release: Hinds visits Arsenal’s league leading language project MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: Leading the world in developing innovative technologies for patients MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Leading the new space age: government backs ambitious plans for the UK in space MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Leading experts appointed to AI Council to supercharge the UK’s artificial intelligence sector MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Leading UK aerospace designs: funding for projects MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: World leading UK Earth Observation industry showcased at Living Planet Symposium MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Commission for Countering Extremism selects leading academics for research papers MoD News 0