Leadership

Discussion in 'The Fleet' started by rafterman, Oct 8, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi All. Anyone gto any top tips for Leadership Course?

2. Get used to giving briefs etc to up to twenty people that you don't know.
    Start with smaller groups and increase the size, your depco will help with this.

Make sure that all of your kit is either in VERY good nick or new, get a memory stick if you haven't already got one, better still, a laptop (you can sign these out from your unit) and a printer that you can take with you.

3. Leadership course. In my day it was called a fit ness course

4. Don't know how much it has changed.

In my day it was be very fit and as has already been said new or kit in A1 order.

Be flexible as we used to get messed around something rotten. 2 minutes to get from Nos 1's into PT kit or visa versa.

Good luck.

5. tiddlyoggy

tiddlyoggy War Hero Book Reviewer

When I did it, the top tip was be nice to the ETS Wrens.

6. Get fit, GET YOUR FOUR PART DOCUMENTATION DONE thats v important. As said a laptop with printer is a god send, also a digital camara is a good idea. Dont let the staff break you. Keep your head and you will be ok.

7. tiddlyoggy

tiddlyoggy War Hero Book Reviewer

BKS,
    "Dont let the staff break you. Keep your head and you will be ok."
    F*** me it's only leadership, not the commando course!

8. Possibly one of the gayest comments i have read. It's just another Navy course. Get on with it.

And I thought submariners were suppose to be 'elite'? :nemo:

9. Well most of us are ! :thumright:

10. Remember its just three weeks of crap and you're done. As mentioned laptop and printer are a godsend. Be prepared for lots more defence writing than on the two week course. Also Erlestoke is a day and a night longer.
    It blows goats but grit your teeth and think of the payrise. Make sure you're fit and be careful getting second hand defence writing from oppos who've just done it. They are clairvoyant when it comes to plagiarism. Couple of people got busted on my course for it..

11. Cheers for the tips. Forewarned is forearmed as they say.