New on CivvyJobs.com:
- The principle accountabilty for this role is to work with business stakeholders in the creation and delivery management of any of the following, as appropriate; a portfolio of small projects, larger, individual projects, or workstreams on larger, more complex projects.
- They will be responsible for managing project teams on a matrix basis and may have responsibility for tracking and managing large project budgets. They may also be asked to line manage level 7 Project Analysts and junior project managers.
- They will be expected to be exemplary Project Managers and could be asked to mentor more junior members of staff. They will receive a high level of delegated authority from Programme Managers and will be expected to manage and run their projects or workstreams with little support.
- They will be expected to contribute to consistent and effective delivery of change management, risk management and project management processes
- Take responsibility for the end to end delivery of assigned projects or workstreams (from pre-project/start-up to close) ensuring viable and practical plans are developed and delivered in a controlled manner.
- Stakeholder engagement and management; gaining and maintaining buy-in and overcoming resistance
- Supporting business stakeholders in defining potential solutions in response to business issues and opportunities
- Risk and issue management
- Manage delivery within agreed parameters (timescales, budget etc) and making appropriate use of escalation paths
- Ensuring projects or workstreams are delivered using only NEST approved methodologies
- Building and maintaining an engaged and motived project team
- Line management and mentoring responsibilities
- Support Programme Managers and other Programmes staff in the delivery of department objectives
- This role will be required to interact with stakeholders across all departments of NEST and with other third parties, including our Service Partner TCS.
- This interaction will happen across all levels including Heads of Department and members of the ET.
- This role will have a high level of autonomy on a day to day basis