Laziest Engineering Branch?

Gematria

Midshipman
Just to start, I have already chosen which role I am currently in the application process for, however during my research period I have seen many posts about how lazy the Air Engineers are. Is this as true as they say? If not who is lazier?

Also, I may be missing the point/joke on the name Collingrad rather than Collingwood?

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
All engineering branches dig out (apart from the WE's ;)) it's called banter and inter-branch rivalry.

Collingwood is nicknamed Collingrad because it employs (or used to) a stricter regime than other Phase 2 training establishments, especially Sultan.

Taztiff

War Hero
All engineering branches dig out (apart from the WE's ;)) it's called banter and inter-branch rivalry.
How dare you!!

Mind you, last Friday we were driving to work at about quarter past 7 in the morning (Mrs T was having the car), when we saw a lad in a RN sweatshirt walking down the road (in Hull, so not too common).
Mrs T turns round and said - 'can't be a WE', 'eh?' says I. 'Yeah' shes says, 'He's not in bed'.

Mutter mutter.

Gematria

Midshipman
How dare you!!

Mind you, last Friday we were driving to work at about quarter past 7 in the morning (Mrs T was having the car), when we saw a lad in a RN sweatshirt walking down the road (in Hull, so not too common).
Mrs T turns round and said - 'can't be a WE', 'eh?' says I. 'Yeah' shes says, 'He's not in bed'.

Mutter mutter.
Ah! Another from Hull? Small country I guess. Seems I already fit the requirements, Id have definitely been in bed at that time. Dangerous times to be walking about Hull too, all kinds of crackheads and drug zombies.

buffersduffer

Midshipman
@Gematria

If you hear the name WAFU it’s short for Wonderful And Fully Underestimated

Some would have you believe it stands for Wet And ******* Useless but ignore them, it’s branch envy of the Fleet Air Arm

Gematria

Midshipman
@Gematria

If you hear the name WAFU it’s short for Wonderful And Fully Underestimated

Some would have you believe it stands for Wet And ******* Useless but ignore them, it’s branch envy of the Fleet Air Arm
Hnm I am not too sure about this, the second one is definitely sounding more likely. Even Urban Dictionary states:

Acronym used in the Royal Navy to refer to members of the Fleet Air Arm, stands for Wet And ******* Useless.

Stems from the belief members of the FAA do very little work.
Those WAFUs are having another brew, do they ever do anywork?

Nahh, it was just by The Bank on Holderness Road - oh, hang on, see what you mean (mind you, not as bad as being near Jesmonds).
It is worse there than were I was presuming you meant! Just last year I worked for the Royal Mail for that area, it was like backwards trick or treating. Knock on the door, be scared of the sight then throw the parcel and run.

Still gets me every time I watch Royal Navy School from Channel 4. "This is the Royal Navy not the Royal Mail!"

Sumo

War Hero

Collingwood is nicknamed Collingrad because it employs (or used to) a stricter regime than other Phase 2 training establishments, especially Sultan.
Hoy I used to dig out cleaning my rack, more than the average flunky, in the officers grot. o_O

I had two AEM's (AET's in new money) working for me in Afghanistan, both from Hull (or Ull as they called it). Both went to school together a fought like cats a dogs in a younger life. Both joined up without the other knowing and ended up on the same squadron. Two of the best lads I ever had the pleasure to work with and they became the best of friends. Both outside now and back oop north.

btw - WAFU - Weapons And Fuel Users (relates to the coat worn by Flight Deck Crews).

Sumo

War Hero
I had two AEM's (AET's in new money) working for me in Afghanistan, both from Hull (or Ull as they called it). Both went to school together a fought like cats a dogs in a younger life. Both joined up without the other knowing and ended up on the same squadron. Two of the best lads I ever had the pleasure to work with and they became the best of friends. Both outside now and back oop north.

btw - WAFU - Weapons And Fuel Users (relates to the coat worn by Flight Deck Crews).
Weapons And Fuel Users UUMMM agree with theAnd

Taztiff

War Hero
Just last year I worked for the Royal Mail for that area, it was like backwards trick or treating. Knock on the door, be scared of the sight then throw the parcel and run
You've delivered to my next door neighbour then? God, she's scary!

Chris P

Badgeman
Ull, great place - used to be when I were a lad, got my first sea time in on the Humber Ferry and trawlers parked alongside right up to the city centre.

Perry

Badgeman
My inlaws were based in Ull. I always reminded them that the only 2 good things in Hull were the fish and chips and the road out.

Taztiff

War Hero
My inlaws were based in Ull. I always reminded them that the only 2 good things in Hull were the fish and chips and the road out.
Certainly not that crappy chip spice.
Heathens.

Ps wife is from Ull, not me originally, just lived here for 24 years!

buffersduffer

Midshipman
Ull, great place - used to be when I were a lad, got my first sea time in on the Humber Ferry and trawlers parked alongside right up to the city centre.
Early 1990’s, guaranteed a good night out in Hull. Old town pubs and then onto 1 of 3 clubs, LA’s (Lexington Avenue), The Tower (for an hour) or the cheapest booze ever in Spiders. Shots were just 30p, crazy how the club ever made money.
And I remember the Polar Bear, proper pub on Springbank