Latex Gloves

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by touty, Jan 4, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello all.

I'm currently looking to find out the make of latex gloves used by the navy between 06 and 08, can anyone please help? I understand it's a long shot but very important.

2. Touty

In which context would these gloves have been used?
  3. Be careful what you ask Sol 8O
  4. Suing the buggers eh?
  5. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Are you referring to medical gloves or COSHH ones? MOD(RN) used/uses a variety, so I think more specific details would be useful... :?
  6. If you don't wish to show your hand in public, send me a PM with some more detail, and I will see what info I can find for you.Pun intended
  7. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

I found those particular years quite rough on the skin, was it a particular batch or just latex gloves in general? Apart from **** blisters due to contact I got a wicked scar around my forehead doing the rooster impressions with them.
  8. Thanks for all who replied. I used them as a chef, I remember the medical staff using them as well. They where white and as i recall in pink boxes. I hope this helps a little more.
  9. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Just a wild stab, as it's difficult to imagine why the make of a certain type of glove is otherwise so vitally important: But, if an individual is discharged from the service due to an allergic reaction, which is subsequently found to be a pre-existing medical condition, regardless of the trigger, prior to entry then the litigation route is on a rocky road from the outset.

If a condition should cause a person to be medically discharged with no previous medical history of a related condition prior to entry & it the cause can be proven to be directly and exclusively attributed to the service, then it may well prove worth further investigation.
  10. sgtpepperband

My dog has got a latex allergy.

Please, for the love of God, do not ask how I found that out... :shock:
  11. How did you first discover that?
  12. sgtpepperband

:bootyshake: :oops:
  13. Hi Ninja

My understanding is that latex intolerance can be brought on by exposure as opposed to it being necessarily 'pre-existing'.

It sounds quite nasty, so I insist on bare-backing Kenyan hookers in order to mitigate the risks.
  14. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

To be honest I haven't a clue about latex intolerance, or the individuals circumstances, but all I'm saying is that a person with a previous history of dermatological conditions which give rise to questioning their suitability for service prior to joining is going to be hard pressed to attribute anything else after joining. If that's not the case & there's no recorded history, then crack-on & good luck.

Ditto the good luck with regard riding bare-back. :wink:
  15. Memories of chefs (I use the term loosely) approaching with latex gloves! Something I was hoping to eradicate from my mind :oops:
  16. Latex allergy can develop with exposure but I don't think you could sue as a result - it's a well known condition. You'd not be able to sue the NHS for it so I don't see how you could sue the RN.

Money grabbing "public interest" lawyers may argue differently, but they would do so they can sponge more cash from the State.
  17. Who is the 'you' who would not be able to sue the NHS?
  18. Read "you" as "one".
  19. :oops: Wrong thread I thought this one was for latex lovers :oops:
  20. So, you are saying that an individual who, as a patient of the NHS, would be unable to sue if they had an allergic reaction to latex which was used as part of a necessary regime of treatment?