Latex Gloves

#1
Hello all.

I'm currently looking to find out the make of latex gloves used by the navy between 06 and 08, can anyone please help? I understand it's a long shot but very important.

Cheers
Matt
 

cúnto

Lantern Swinger
#4
touty said:
Hello all.

I'm currently looking to find out the make of latex gloves used by the navy between 06 and 08, can anyone please help? I understand it's a long shot but very important.

Cheers
Matt
Suing the buggers eh?
 

sgtpepperband

War Hero
Moderator
Book Reviewer
#5
Are you referring to medical gloves or COSHH ones? MOD(RN) used/uses a variety, so I think more specific details would be useful... :?
 
#6
If you don't wish to show your hand in public, send me a PM with some more detail, and I will see what info I can find for you.Pun intended
 

wet_blobby

War Hero
Moderator
#7
I found those particular years quite rough on the skin, was it a particular batch or just latex gloves in general? Apart from **** blisters due to contact I got a wicked scar around my forehead doing the rooster impressions with them.
 
#8
Thanks for all who replied. I used them as a chef, I remember the medical staff using them as well. They where white and as i recall in pink boxes. I hope this helps a little more.
 

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Moderator
#9
Just a wild stab, as it's difficult to imagine why the make of a certain type of glove is otherwise so vitally important: But, if an individual is discharged from the service due to an allergic reaction, which is subsequently found to be a pre-existing medical condition, regardless of the trigger, prior to entry then the litigation route is on a rocky road from the outset.

If a condition should cause a person to be medically discharged with no previous medical history of a related condition prior to entry & it the cause can be proven to be directly and exclusively attributed to the service, then it may well prove worth further investigation.
 

cúnto

Lantern Swinger
#13
Ninja_Stoker said:
If a condition should cause a person to be medically discharged with no previous medical history of a related condition prior to entry & it the cause can be proven to be directly and exclusively attributed to the service, then it may well prove worth further investigation.
Hi Ninja

My understanding is that latex intolerance can be brought on by exposure as opposed to it being necessarily 'pre-existing'.

It sounds quite nasty, so I insist on bare-backing Kenyan hookers in order to mitigate the risks.
 

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Moderator
#14
cúnto said:
Ninja_Stoker said:
If a condition should cause a person to be medically discharged with no previous medical history of a related condition prior to entry & it the cause can be proven to be directly and exclusively attributed to the service, then it may well prove worth further investigation.
Hi Ninja

My understanding is that latex intolerance can be brought on by exposure as opposed to it being necessarily 'pre-existing'.

It sounds quite nasty, so I insist on bare-backing Kenyan hookers in order to mitigate the risks.
To be honest I haven't a clue about latex intolerance, or the individuals circumstances, but all I'm saying is that a person with a previous history of dermatological conditions which give rise to questioning their suitability for service prior to joining is going to be hard pressed to attribute anything else after joining. If that's not the case & there's no recorded history, then crack-on & good luck.

Ditto the good luck with regard riding bare-back. :wink:
 
A

angrydoc

Guest
#16
Latex allergy can develop with exposure but I don't think you could sue as a result - it's a well known condition. You'd not be able to sue the NHS for it so I don't see how you could sue the RN.

Money grabbing "public interest" lawyers may argue differently, but they would do so they can sponge more cash from the State.
 
#17
angrydoc said:
Latex allergy can develop with exposure but I don't think you could sue as a result - it's a well known condition. You'd not be able to sue the NHS for it so I don't see how you could sue the RN....
Who is the 'you' who would not be able to sue the NHS?
 
#20
angrydoc said:
Read "you" as "one".
So, you are saying that an individual who, as a patient of the NHS, would be unable to sue if they had an allergic reaction to latex which was used as part of a necessary regime of treatment?
 

Similar threads

Latest Threads

New Posts

Top