Latest Warfare Officer (Submariner) Pipeline

Bradhead

Midshipman
Good morning Everyone

I was wandering if someone could be good enough to help.

I have been trying relentlessly to find the latest pipeline for Warfare Officer (Submariner). I have found a few in threads here however talking to my CO at URNU they appear to be out of date. CO has told me he will try and find the latest for me but realistically wont have that until early Jan 2019.

If anyone can help I would appreciate it immensely as I would like to review it personally and with family and Girlfriend over Christmas before progressing to AIB.

Warmest

B

Last edited:

baldie

Midshipman
Have you spoken to an AFCO or your ACLO? If you're already on the route to AIB, they will be able to give you one for sure..

Bradhead

Midshipman
Have you spoken to an AFCO or your ACLO? If you're already on the route to AIB, they will be able to give you one for sure..
I have not yet, I have arranged to go and see them in the new year as I am bogged with placement work currently and they aren't around in the evenings when I have drill night with the URNU. This is on my list of information to get once I go for a chat.

Bradhead

Midshipman
UPDATE using online chat option on RN careers page will update on what this reaps.

Last edited:

Bradhead

Midshipman
What I have been given

You’ll begin your career at Britannia Royal Naval College (BRNC) in Dartmouth. You’ll spend one year here, learning leadership and teamwork skills and the principles of command and management. You will then put these into practice during several exercises on Dartmoor and the River Dart. Alongside your academic studies, you’ll be taught to handle small ships and you will spend 10 weeks at sea, working in every department on board, learning how they operate and gaining first-hand experience of life in a warship.

After your basic training, you’ll gain more sea experience, while you work towards your Navigational Watch Certificate as an Officer of the Watch. You’ll then spend four months in the Submarine School at HMS Raleigh, where you’ll learn about submarine warfare, weapons, nuclear propulsion and escape training and go to sea in a submarine. There’s a final exam at the end of the course to test your knowledge. When you pass, you’ll win your ‘dolphins’ – the coveted badge of a qualified Submariner. Ultimately, you could progress to the submarine command course, also known as ‘perisher’ – one of the toughest naval courses in the world and a giant step towards your own command.

Latest Threads