Latest Awards of LS&GC, MSM, VRSM, etc

Discussion in 'The Fleet' started by Naval_Gazer, Jun 22, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Honestly didn't realise that the LS&GC were recorded in the London Gazette. Sadly shows a lowering of standards within the Naval Division....Not one awarded to an Able Rate.
    • Like Like x 1
  2. You don't see any 18-25 year-old junior rates in receipt of Continuity of Education Allowance (CEA) to send their teenage children to boarding school, either. Do I smell a class/rank-based conspiracy by the grown-ups? :shock:

Anyway, I will use this thread to post more links to awards in the London Gazette as they appear. Still no sign of the latest MSMs although previous recipients have been gazetted:
  3. The latest MSM awards have been published in the London Gazette:
    Congratulations to all recipients.
  4. Seaweed

Seaweed War Hero Book Reviewer

I was also unaware that pea doos were Gazetted. Thought it was only MiDs and on up.
  5. It's quite a recent thing, maybe ten years since.
  6. Congratulations to all recipients.
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2011
  7. Says on that list that the Chief Stoker had forfeited the MSM, wonder what he got caught out doing.

edited for mong spooling
  8. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

The probably clocked that he was a Submariner and took it off him - not enough room on his chest, with the SM clasps and other gongs on there as well... :wink:
  9. Not to mention the 18 times he has turned out in the Brickwoods Field Gun Tournament.
  10. I would observe that 18-25 year old JRs are perfectly entitled to claim CEA if they meet the criteria in JSP 752.

The only class distinction I can see is that only Ratings or former Ratings get awarded medals for their long service, or get awarded valedictory certificates on leaving with more than 20 years service.
  11. True enough but I suspect you may have taken my post too literally. :)
  12. Always a risk with written posts. Sorry if I took it the wrong way. It was my 25th Anniversary of joining though so hopefully you'll cut a bitter and twisted poster some slack! :icon_smile:
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2011
  13. Latest RN awards from the London Gazette:
  14. Latest RN awards from the London Gazette (10 Jan 2012):
  15. If I has stayed in and not rejoined I'd have been on that list For LS & GC

Every turn of the shaft is a new adventure. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  16. What is the criteria for the clasp? It's great that it's posted in the gazette nice to read... And find myself looking back through
  17. Completion of a further 15 years service subsequent to the award of the LS & GC medal provided that the conduct/discipline criteria have been met.
  18. What is the proper name/possibly naval slang for this?
  19. Think its just called the 'Bar to LSGC'.... am nearing mine too!