Lateral Transfer

Discussion in 'Submariners' started by b_alex, Jan 25, 2013.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello all, Canadian Submariner looking into a lateral transfer to the RAN, has anyone done this and can you please advise me? I have done my own research but i am still coming up with more answers than anything. Hopeing someone out there knows of someone who has done it or has done it themselves.

2. Welcome and are you lost????? I'm sure one of the knowing crowd will be here to help you along, no good asking me I'll just take the proverbial

Good Luck
  3. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Welcome to Rum Ration, shippers!

While many people transfer from the Royal Navy to the Aus/NZ Forces relatively easily (assuming there is a manning requirement for them to do so) I doubt many here have taken the same route you are interested in (i.e. Canada to Aus).

Perhaps a chat with their Embassy/recruitment website might provide you with the relevant information? Many here will have opinions but I doubt their information will be "gen". Good luck and let us know how you get on... :wink:
  4. Thanks all, and yeah I may be lost but it this is kind of a fishing excersise where i may get lucky and someone may actually have some valid information for me... like talking to the embassy, that thought never crossed my mind. So thank you. It's a start!
  5. From Upholders to Collins......... what could possibly go wrong?
    • Like Like x 1
  6. BTH they'd probably snap him up
  7. While we're on the subject, I'm currently serving as a rifleman in the Jammu and Kashmir Light Infantry, but I quite fancy a stint in the St Petersburg Light Horse.

Just wondering on the off chance if anyone here knows the process for transferring?

8. Seadog

Seadog War Hero Moderator

Pedantic mode on: good luck with finding the Australian Embassy in Canada or the Canadian Embassy in Australia. Look for the High Commission instead. Pedantic mode off.

A subtle but important distinction.
  9. St Petersberge Light Horse are only currently accepting transfers from Bohemian Light Inffantry and rear gunners in the Bombay Camel Corps
  10. I was looking at the RAN website the other day - there is an overseas recruitment section on it.

11. Heard they are looking for firefighters down south and divers up north