Late rooms .com.

Discussion in 'Travel & The Great Outdoors' started by AAF, May 16, 2013.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. AAF

AAF Badgeman

2. tiddlyoggy

tiddlyoggy War Hero Book Reviewer

Quite interesting that Stirl. I'm surprised to see so many of the big chain hotels in those lists. Also stunned that The Jamaica Inn is there in any capacity, ignorant staff and shit food. The inclusion of The New Continental in Guzz in the Historic Hotels category baffles me too. Good to see your fair city do so well!

3. AAF

AAF Badgeman

The hotel I have bin staying at IOW for the last 7 yrs is up for sale and not taking bookings so gave Late Rooms a go and they saved me £90 on a place a stones throw from my favorite, and it is a better hotel.
    Good choice on that cut n paste I posted.

4. Pity the MoD don't use them instead of that bloody useless Hotel Booking Service.

5. The Jamaica in is utter dogshit now, a real shame.

6. tiddlyoggy

Indeed mate. There is so much potential in that place too. The staff verge on rudeness and the food is crap and overpriced.

7. I remember going there back in the day with Long John and blind Pugh.....we used to hide in the cellars when the revinue men were a'comin for us. 'There'll be a black day in Bodmin if they find us yer' Long John would say....and when they be gone....he'd yell out....'fetch me a noggin of ale and a fresh feed of arse'........
    Kids today......they don't know they're born ! :pirat:

• Like Like x 1
  8. Might be rose tinted specs but I went there as a kid and thought it was ace. Went there again about a year ago and agree with everything you said. Didn't seem to be doing it any harm as the place was toppers with touroids.

9. Sensible response now..........went there in '65 on a run ashore from Guzz (must've got lost) with some greenie oppos. (Pre breathalyser days) The place had character.....it also had 'a' character.... we found this old geezer in the corner supping scrumpy, he'd spin us yarns about the place being haunted......he went for a slash and we never saw him again.....maybe he was a ghost !........never been back since, but driven past it a few times...coaches parked up outside signifying type of clientele.

10. tiddlyoggy

Me and the long haired admiral pop in there 2 or 3 times a year, because we love the olde world atmosphere. We never eat there anymore though, just a pee and a drink stop.

11. I think that's true of a lot of places you holiday as a kid...

I used to go to Centre Parcs every year when I was little and thought it was fantastic...went back as an adult and found it pretty run down, all over priced and generally disappointing. Only value was in nostalgia.

12. I take it you never came accross the old geezer then...........must've been a ghost after all.