Last one, i swear!

Fitness test tomorrow, any last minute words of, er, advice for me?

I'm aiming at 13 minutes so that gives me a bit of leeway. I'm planning on running at 12kph, then perhaps droppin to 10.5kph for a water 'break', then if i'm up to it, 13kph to wrangle some time back. If i run at 10.5kph i should be able to make the maximum time. So if all goes to plan, i should make good time. Hope i don't get any dodgy pains, i'm hoping the thought of never having to do it again on a treadmill might spur me on.

I might buy one of those energy gel packet things, if only for the placebo effect! Yes, i am useless at running.

This may not do it for you but when I was in training for POLC i used to picture a rather naked

waiting for me at the end of the run, whereupon we would retire to a jacuzzi, where George would massage my aching limbs and then he would gently carass my .....

oh sorry!

dondon

MIA
Hi Snapdragon , I'm not a PTI but I have 23 Marathons under my belt , what you are planning is called in the running world FARTLECK , it's a swedish word and means literaly running as fast as you can for a certain period then slowing down for a wee while for a breather then back to as fast as you can , so on & so on , works very well for distance runners , when I was at Mountwise I used to run from there to the Tamar Bridge every lunchtime , [summer & winter], can't do it now as I broke my leg in 3 places [thats another story], but I used to love it , your only going to do a short distance but no reason why it should'nt work , it does take disipline though , let us know how you get on , best of luck , hope you crack it 8) ,

RC, Are we back onto exploding pussies again? :D

I've got a long list of things to think about. Like what to get Boyfriend for his birthday. I might try to imagine some fabulous sex though. If i've got something to look at -anything- then i might be ok. If i've nothng to look at, i might start looking at the monitor which always gives me sideache!

dondon

MIA
rosinacarley said:
This may not do it for you but when I was in training for POLC i used to picture a rather naked

waiting for me at the end of the run, whereupon we would retire to a jacuzzi, where George would massage my aching limbs and then he would gently carass my .....

oh sorry!
He looks a bit like me Rosie , what did you want carressed :roll:

Cheers Dondon, i do plan on dropping speed for a while, because it's difficult to drink without choking while you're running your nads off!

Funny how we don't have words for some things! I like that Swedish word.

I was doing great until i had that pain as a setback last week. Now i'm a bit afraid it'll happen again, but i know i can do it- no issue there, i just need a good plan and a few placebos to boost my confidence. I feel silly for all this because it's hardly a marathon, it's 13 minutes of pain at the worst, even i've had worse than that (Being punched HARD in the stomach for 20 minutes non-stop.... huuuuuurl)!

Cheers for the feedback though!

dondon

MIA
If it's in your heart you'll do it , dont think of the pain , wear an I Pod and play some good music , I used to love the theme tune to Chariots of Fire , very inspireing , good luck once again , :lol:

I'm not lucky enough for an iPod :( And my Walkman's broked :( Maybe i can get a good Kerrang! radio reception on my mobile :)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS NHS nurse numbers continue rising with 13,840 more than last year MoD News 0
MoD_RSS NHS nurse numbers continue to rise with 13,502 more than last year MoD News 0
D Navy as a last resort option Joining the Royal Navy 61
MoD_RSS Last chance to ‘wave goodbye’ to Mercury mission MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Last chance to express interest for rural business growth grants MoD News 0
C Last time a squadron of ships sailed together apart from the Dartmouth Training Squadron in the 1960's Miscellaneous 7
MoD_RSS Last chance to sign up for the EECAN Roadshow MoD News 0
soleil Refinery 29: "Money Diary - A Submariner On £43k In Her Last Week On Shore For Months" Submariners 17
MoD_RSS The Last Overland Adventure expedition arrived in Ashgabat MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Home education: a choice or last resort? MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Last nuclear fuel flask leaves Wylfa MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Final nuclear fuel removed from last Magnox reactor MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Thousands of companies missed crucial accounts deadline last year MoD News 0
MoD_RSS If your charity last did an annual return before 12 November 2018 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Last chance to apply for International Trade Summer School MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Porsche is the number one prestige car brand clamped last year by DVLA MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: PM statement on the liberation of the last Daesh-held territory: 23 March 2019 MoD News 0
BreathingOutOnTheWayUp The last surviving REAL Great Escape Survivor finally passes away History 0
MoD_RSS News story: The end of an era: RAF Tornado returns from operations for the last time MoD News 0
Sumo Last man standing Current Affairs 0
S RFA - living outside the Uk in the last 5 years Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 0
Dusty70 “Name the last Type 26 Frigate HMS Plymouth”. Petitions 4
Capn_Pugwash Last Post and Reveille - sheet music History 2
soleil Forces Network News: "HMS Tyne Goes Home For The Last Time" The Fleet 24
A Last year in school need advice about joining Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
Ballistic HMS Ocean's last homecoming Current Affairs 3
T Son passed out of Raleigh last week Joining the Royal Navy 5
fishhead Say again your last Land Ops 2
MoD_RSS Press release: Autonomy on the frontline: Last Mile challenge winners announced MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Autonomous last mile resupply network event - information pack MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Accelerator webinar: autonomous last mile resupply MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Accelerator innovation network event: autonomous last mile resupply MoD News 0
J Not lived in UK last 5 years. RFA 8
MoD_RSS News story: UK and US look to robotics help for ‘last mile’ MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Last chance for Sergeant Arthur Pulman MoD News 6
J Last minute medical Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 8
MoD_RSS News story: A new painting marks Army’s relationship with Scotland over last 100 years MoD News 0
C Any last tips? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 19
Rodgersthecabinboy Found this last night. Diamond Lil's 6
P Your last session/workout! Health & Fitness 282
M hms picotee,last man standing History 3
Sea-man Last post I promise!! Submariners 7
D Afghanistan, the lions last roar? Current Affairs 12
muskovardo Any advice for last minute weight loss? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 18
F Probably my last ever thread Diamond Lil's 60
BARNEYRNSM Last WW2 veteran to leave the RN History 38
D Interview tomorrow, any last minute advise Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
soleil Pompey News: "End Of An Era As Last Surviving Wren Leaves HMS Sultan Naval Branch" Bases / Shore Est 0
soleil Pompey News: "Home At Last! HMS Illustrious Returns To Portsmouth Today" The Fleet 38
Liquidity Mischief on the last two days of work Diamond Lil's 43