Last one, i swear!

Discussion in 'The Fleet' started by snapdragon, Oct 25, 2006.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Fitness test tomorrow, any last minute words of, er, advice for me?

I'm aiming at 13 minutes so that gives me a bit of leeway. I'm planning on running at 12kph, then perhaps droppin to 10.5kph for a water 'break', then if i'm up to it, 13kph to wrangle some time back. If i run at 10.5kph i should be able to make the maximum time. So if all goes to plan, i should make good time. Hope i don't get any dodgy pains, i'm hoping the thought of never having to do it again on a treadmill might spur me on.

I might buy one of those energy gel packet things, if only for the placebo effect! Yes, i am useless at running.

2. This may not do it for you but when I was in training for POLC i used to picture a rather naked

[​IMG]

waiting for me at the end of the run, whereupon we would retire to a jacuzzi, where George would massage my aching limbs and then he would gently carass my .....

oh sorry!

3. Hi Snapdragon , I'm not a PTI but I have 23 Marathons under my belt , what you are planning is called in the running world FARTLECK , it's a swedish word and means literaly running as fast as you can for a certain period then slowing down for a wee while for a breather then back to as fast as you can , so on & so on , works very well for distance runners , when I was at Mountwise I used to run from there to the Tamar Bridge every lunchtime , [summer & winter], can't do it now as I broke my leg in 3 places [thats another story], but I used to love it , your only going to do a short distance but no reason why it should'nt work , it does take disipline though , let us know how you get on , best of luck , hope you crack it 8) ,

4. RC, Are we back onto exploding pussies again? :D

I've got a long list of things to think about. Like what to get Boyfriend for his birthday. I might try to imagine some fabulous sex though. If i've got something to look at -anything- then i might be ok. If i've nothng to look at, i might start looking at the monitor which always gives me sideache!

5. He looks a bit like me Rosie , what did you want carressed :roll:

6. Cheers Dondon, i do plan on dropping speed for a while, because it's difficult to drink without choking while you're running your nads off!

Funny how we don't have words for some things! I like that Swedish word.

I was doing great until i had that pain as a setback last week. Now i'm a bit afraid it'll happen again, but i know i can do it- no issue there, i just need a good plan and a few placebos to boost my confidence. I feel silly for all this because it's hardly a marathon, it's 13 minutes of pain at the worst, even i've had worse than that (Being punched HARD in the stomach for 20 minutes non-stop.... huuuuuurl)!

Cheers for the feedback though!

7. If it's in your heart you'll do it , dont think of the pain , wear an I Pod and play some good music , I used to love the theme tune to Chariots of Fire , very inspireing , good luck once again , :lol:

8. I'm not lucky enough for an iPod :( And my Walkman's broked :( Maybe i can get a good Kerrang! radio reception on my mobile :)