Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Last night in holding troop.....

TheRust

Lantern Swinger
Alright peeps

Last night in holding troop was top, the first time ive actually handled a rifle, had a semi on and everything.... hahahahha!! Looking forward to learining more about the rifles.

OSLO

War Hero
I never mentioned how to get a flame from a gas canister....put those matches away!

I take it PW's don't do arm and muscle "character" building exercises with rifles anymore?.....what was the name of that particular game..?

TheRust said:
Alright peeps

Last night in holding troop was top, the first time ive actually handled a rifle, had a semi on and everything.... hahahahha!! Looking forward to learining more about the rifles.

They go 'Bang', they get dirty, you clean them.

A bullet chucker, is a bullet chucker, is a bullet chucker. (Standing by for incoming)

NZ_Bootneck

War Hero
wet_blobby said:
I take it PW's don't do arm and muscle "character" building exercises with rifles anymore?.....what was the name of that particular game..?
Skill at Arms.."Rifle above the head ...go...down and up...to the front...one hand on pistol grip to the side GO...." first arms to drop press ups or tree and back...more pain. My DL did it to us once..gash drill.. .30 odd minutes of pain. Comes under the heading character building.
NZB

TheRust

Lantern Swinger
When i was holding the rifle, as im a natural Lefty, i found it abit awkward..... ill deffo need to adapt if i wanna hit the target like.....

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Let me illuminate the "SLR" booties wot haven't played with an SA80 - the snag is the cartridge ejection ports' proximity when held cack-handed, chaps.

The weapon cannot be changed for lefties in any way, they have no option other than to shoot right-handed. Hence it is not popular in Catholic countries.

NZ_Bootneck

War Hero
SLR!!! I used the Brown Bess my son.!!! Blooming ada 2 rounds a minute and graze a target at 50M and you passed your APWT!! Tsk, you lucky, lucky barstewards.
NZB

wet_blobby said:

An old Oppo of mine used to do that to Recruits Blobs. Isnt it callanetics with the rifle?

I remember Space Invaders being another sickner he used to dish out every now and then. Imagine 30 nods in three ranks, side stepping left and right in unison and making space invader sounds. One nod stands out to the front, MK6 helmet on and is spun round 30 times until he is really dizzy. Hes then propelled towards the body of men (picture him staggering all over the place) to see how many Recruits he can take out!!

Fck health and satefy - thats what its all about!!! :thumright:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Rodgersthecabinboy Found this last night. Diamond Lil's 6
Stirling What I watched last night. Films, Music, TV & All Things Artsy 2
Bunter Seen on documentary about the emergency services on TV last night Miscellaneous 1
N That party last night........ The Gash Barge 19
scouse 303 Squadron Polish Pilots , such a sad ending!! in betrayal. last night CH 4. Films, Music, TV & All Things Artsy 1
The_Caretaker Paddy...........Did you have a bit to drink last night? Miscellaneous 0
thereverend Scared off a possible burglar last night. Diamond Lil's 23
soleil Newsnight: Discussion on the Defence Budget last night Current Affairs 0
Nails I had a fight with a Marine bully last night and won The Gash Barge 90
scouse Danger men CHN 5 Last night Current Affairs 1
F Last Night on TV> PTSD as experienced by 3 past servicemen Current Affairs 4
N Punched out a cop last night Diamond Lil's 27
N sh1t went down at the club last night Diamond Lil's 54
josiecats last night......... Diamond Lil's 7
MoD_RSS New data shows proportion of steel procured within UK has doubled since last year MoD News 0
MoD_RSS NHS nurse numbers continue rising with 13,840 more than last year MoD News 0
MoD_RSS NHS nurse numbers continue to rise with 13,502 more than last year MoD News 0
D Navy as a last resort option Joining the Royal Navy 61
MoD_RSS Last chance to ‘wave goodbye’ to Mercury mission MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Last chance to express interest for rural business growth grants MoD News 0
C Last time a squadron of ships sailed together apart from the Dartmouth Training Squadron in the 1960's Miscellaneous 7
MoD_RSS Last chance to sign up for the EECAN Roadshow MoD News 0
soleil Refinery 29: "Money Diary - A Submariner On £43k In Her Last Week On Shore For Months" Submariners 17
MoD_RSS The Last Overland Adventure expedition arrived in Ashgabat MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Home education: a choice or last resort? MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Last nuclear fuel flask leaves Wylfa MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Final nuclear fuel removed from last Magnox reactor MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Thousands of companies missed crucial accounts deadline last year MoD News 0
MoD_RSS If your charity last did an annual return before 12 November 2018 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Last chance to apply for International Trade Summer School MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Porsche is the number one prestige car brand clamped last year by DVLA MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: PM statement on the liberation of the last Daesh-held territory: 23 March 2019 MoD News 0
BreathingOutOnTheWayUp The last surviving REAL Great Escape Survivor finally passes away History 0
MoD_RSS News story: The end of an era: RAF Tornado returns from operations for the last time MoD News 0
Sumo Last man standing Current Affairs 0
S RFA - living outside the Uk in the last 5 years Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 0
Dusty70 “Name the last Type 26 Frigate HMS Plymouth”. Petitions 4
Capn_Pugwash Last Post and Reveille - sheet music History 2
soleil Forces Network News: "HMS Tyne Goes Home For The Last Time" The Fleet 24
A Last year in school need advice about joining Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
Ballistic HMS Ocean's last homecoming Current Affairs 3
T Son passed out of Raleigh last week Joining the Royal Navy 5
fishhead Say again your last Land Ops 2
MoD_RSS Press release: Autonomy on the frontline: Last Mile challenge winners announced MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Autonomous last mile resupply network event - information pack MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Accelerator webinar: autonomous last mile resupply MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Accelerator innovation network event: autonomous last mile resupply MoD News 0
J Not lived in UK last 5 years. RFA 8
MoD_RSS News story: UK and US look to robotics help for ‘last mile’ MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Last chance for Sergeant Arthur Pulman MoD News 6