Last full measure..

Discussion in 'The Corps' started by BootneckYank, Nov 11, 2006.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Cpl Jason Dunham, USMC, is to be awarded the Congressional Medal of Honor for sacrificing his own life to protect his fellow Marines.

Story Here

"Nobody asks to be a hero. Sometimes it just turns out that way."
    -Black Hawk Down.

2. A brave man. Semper Fi and RIP.

IMD

3. Outstanding bravery to protect his fellow Marines.

RIP mate, our thoughts are with your family and friends.

Semper Fidelis

4. Respect of the utmost order to that young man. There are times when the human race really does astound you.

That story reminds me of an old folk song about a British soldier in Northern Ireland who did the same sort of thing in a train station to save the gathered women and children and 'they' still hated him for it.

RIP

5. Some things transcend national boundaries.
    I wonder how many protesters were at Cpl Dunhams funeral, holding signs that read: "thank god for dead soldiers."?

6. What a great marine if i was going to go i would like to go with the great bravery
    that this marine did by taking his own life to save his friends. His family and everyone who was lucky enought to know him should be very proud of him
    RIP

7. People Sleep Peacefully in their beds at night, because trained men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

With Respect

Greendeath

8. I are trying to find the singer / title of this song so that I can replace a lost copy for my ex-military father... hopefully by Christmas!

Brigham600 "That story reminds me of an old folk song about a British soldier in Northern Ireland who did the same sort of thing in a train station to save the gathered women and children and 'they' still hated him for it".

Please can you or anyone else help?

Many thanks
    Dukelso

9. yeh mate, can be downloaded from here:

http://www.hardeodcafe.com/downloads.htm

its the first song in the "military themed songs" section called "British soldier" i heard of it on the Arrse website a good while ago. just spent a drunken hour searching for it. hope your father likes it.

10. just tried again and it does work. it might be the few too many tots of rum iv had, but that is an incredibly moving song.

to absent friends.

11. Cheers fella, gonna make an old man very happy...! He served in Ireland and remembers many absent friends.

12. Astounding courage. Let us hope he is not forgotten for his brave, selfless sacrifice. A true hero.