Last Fifty - A Missing N_G Post?

Discussion in 'Site Issues' started by BreathingOutOnTheWayUp, Jul 12, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. A curious case of a missing post....

The above thread was opened by Soliel and dated "08-07-11 16:33".

The first (and only visible Post) by Sol, was apparently edited by her "08-07-11 at 16:40.

BUT - At 01:59 12-08-2010 I see that thread is listed among the Last 50+ as follows:

<<Digital version of 'Royal Navy Matters' (Broadsheet 2011)

Replies: 0 Views: 19 Last Post: 14:48 by Naval_Gazer Forum: The Quarterdeck>>

My question is 'Whatever happened to NG's 'Last Post of 14:48' ?

If he has deleted it, fine and understood. But if not, then where is it, please?

Ordinarily, I wouldn't have noticed or queried such an anomoly - But, as N_G is one of our most reliable posters, I would hate for one of his valued contributions to have been sunk without trace.

Sleep is being lost here :wink: Perhaps we could be told?

2. Believe it must have been deleted as being "too Pusser", then again on reflection it might have just gone AWOL.:-D
  3. No mystery, Bob. I opened a new thread in the Quarterdeck forum with a link to the digital Broadsheet 2011. A Mod must have then merged it with Sol's earlier thread in the Fleet forum whereupon I realised my own post was unnecessary. So I deleted it.
  4. I merged them myself to make one coherent thread, but definitely wanted N-G's comment to remain. I should like to undelete it, if I may, as I value N-G's input on topics like this one a great deal. Undeletion only takes 2 seconds.
  5. Soleil - As ever, I leave it to your discretion.
  6. Thank you, N-G. Post restored.
  7. VMT: To Rob, for the explanation, and to Soliel for that restoration. :thumbup:

(Mind you, 'twould have been a bit more exciting to learn that you two were daggers drawn. :boxing:)
  8. Seconded, but far beyond the realms of possibility.