Last day at work

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by Andy_Cap, Aug 11, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. [FONT=&quot]After nigh on 45 Years of uninterupted employment today is my last working day before retirement :-D:-D.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Now clearing up my desk and handing over to my replacement strange feeling.:shock:[/FONT]
  2. Congratulations. It is weird not having to set an alarm clock and you won't have as much time to do things as you might imagine. :)

Enjoy it.
  3. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

4. Thanks NMC. I just may set the alarm as usual, Just so I can roll over and go back to sleep:-D.

As long as i have time for the important things in life ( Golf, Fishing etc. ) :-D:-D
  5. Trust me, you'll be working again when word gets round that you have time on your hands. You just won't get paid for it. =-)
  6. I have the nasty feeling you are right, Been quite a few hints dropped already.
  7. Brilliant SPB, In fact so good that i used it as a header for the farewell mail I just sent out:-D
    • Like Like x 1
  8. I recall the Canadian comedian Kelly Montieff (spelling?) doing a sketch on retirement. All your working life you invariably have to get up early before your body is ready and use public transport to go to work. What happens when you retire? Your company gives you an alarm clock and the Government gives you a free bus pass. I do like irony. But what I like more is Kelly's wife in the series. Gabrielle Drake....

Showing ones age here.

Have fun and keep busy in your retirement AC.
  9. Happy retirement Andy.As others have intimated word will soon get round that you have time on your hands and the suggestions for filling it will come flooding in.Fishing and Golf........Ha you'll be lucky.
  10. Have a excellent retirement AC
  11. wal

wal Badgeman

Enjoy, Andy. I envy you, my day will come soon I hope.

Flymo, Gabrielle Drake... what can I say but yes please in those days.
  12. Nice one Andy, I have 150 days before I can give the finger to my employer.
  13. Retired in June, the list of jobs on the fridge door gets longer instead of shorter (it all depends on where SWMBO keeps the list) enjoy your retirement and may it be a long and happy one...
  14. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

• Like Like x 1
  15. Thanks for all the good wishes.

After a getting up late ( about 30mins later than usual ):-D and a good read of the nespaper over breakfast, SWMBO made the following announcement:

Have a nice quiet day and enjoy your retirement, I will knock up a to do list for you

in case you get bored sitting around :wtf:.

Just been informed that my " quiet day " means I get to look after the 2 grandchildren ( 3 and 6 ) while the ladies go shopping

"Sighs and looks longingly at his golf clubs":-|:-|
  16. Enjoy, only 10 damm 11 years to go.
  17. Just watch the time fly by from now on !.............congrats and welcome to the club Andy:eek:ccasion9: :eek:ccasion5:
  18. Just remember the downside of retirement, while those who work for a living can look forward to their holidays and time off you can't. Real bastard isn't it?:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D
  19. hymer_tramp_premium_50_freisteller_header.jpg

Just to soften the blow of not being allowed to work anymore :-D I invested in one of these
    babys and have been Traveling all over europe with SWMBO for the last 2 weeks ( brilliant ) :laughing2::laughing2: