Largs

Stirlin

War Hero
Watching Mick Portillo last night on GRJ's , he was on a route from Glasgow to Largs , then ferry to Cumbrae , looked pretty good so later on did a bit of net trawling on the area and found some good drone footage . Booked in for hols in Largs from 1st June ,
anyone else ever visited ?.

SONAR-BENDER

War Hero
Yep! We used to go on Sunday School coach trips! Can't think it will have changed much - it's like the Burg but without matelots!

Ballistic

War Hero
There is (or was) a NATO fuelling jetty in Fairlie, just down the coast from Largs.

We stopped there in the '80s and had a walk to Largs.
It was shut. :(

Waspie

War Hero
Done Largs! Took a previous dog to a pooch show one!!!
As for Fairlie!! I’ll post a pic when i get to my pc!! Did a forced landing in a car park there because the landing site at the NATO jetty was blocked by a pongo landie!!!!
OK, edited bit. Add piccy of sick Sea King after forced landing!
Downbird Fairley Scotland.jpg

Last edited:
Mum and dad used to take us there as kids, would be the 50's...
Was a a great tea room, ice cream cafe then, ice cream treat every visit. Always a popular venue for my wee brother and me.....

Stirlin

War Hero
Thanks folks , I live in sleepy town York , have loved my eleven trips to '' sleepy '' south Island so looks right up my street.
I love walking and this location looks good , staying here , no kids allowed.

Last edited:
Nardini's ice Cream shop....that's the one...a must visit...more modern these days, new premises but was established in the 1930's.....

SONAR-BENDER

War Hero
Seem to recall fantastic Italian ice cream shop. Have a great holiday.
Most West coast of Scotland towns have brilliant Italian ice cream shops - Dino's in the Burg for example is but one. When I was a kid there were 4 or 5 in the Burg and they ran the chippies too. But even round the corner, where Jack feared to tread (near Coulport) in Cove and Kilgreggan is/was a great ice cream place.

Stirlin

War Hero
If we have the all clear I will give Largs a miss next year as I want to do the Jurassic Coast based in Bournemouth , will also give me an excuse to travel to South Island for a DTS with Wightsparker and Bob. o_O

-

Wightsparker

War Hero
If we have the all clear I will give Largs a miss next year as I want to do the Jurassic Coast based in Bournemouth , will also give me an excuse to travel to South Island for a DTS with Wightsparker and Bob. o_O

-
About time. It was your round!

:)

Latest Threads