Laptops in pubs?

Discussion in 'The Gash Barge' started by seafarer1939, Jul 6, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just come out of the Hospital chop shop and needed a brew,walked into my local and found three people sitting there with a laptop on the table.
    They weren't with each other so tell me,surely this is not the way our pubs are going is it?
    I can think of a few pubs where beer would be, accidentally,spilled on them.
    I hope this is not the norm where you fill up.

2. In my local mobile phones are regarded as witchcraft, fcuk knows what would happen if you brought a laptop in.

3. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

The sort of pubs I frequent, the punters usually try to sell me laptops... :oops:

4. More like 'lap dancers' mate. :lol:

5. Don't you just love all these folk happily using their laptops in pubs, cafes, malls etc?

TEMPEST anyone?

6. They're probably just pissed up old ex-matelots posting bollocks on Rum Ration :oops:

Leave me alone y'bassa'ds... I'll have the fuggin' lot of youse...

7. Maybe they were all online chatting to each other on IntrovertsRus.com. :lol:

8. Same here wrecker i daren't even tell them i own one in case they get the pitch forks out.

9. Same line but slightly pusser'ised;

Social interaction (shorebase).... compare

SR Mess RN... Mobile phones, jeans & T shirts are banned = empty bar
    CPO Mess USN... Laptops are in full swing across the mess whilst wearing shorts, vest and wearing BB caps = heaving bar

Mmm